usmc0844

phi

... so sadly, someone will be out demoing it tomorrow.

That was me! :)
And i must say after 3 flights i'm completely in love with the Phi, of course i've only ever flown Gti's and Classic 2's so i don't have a helluva lot to reference it against.

But here's my humble opinion anyway:

First off, build quality, i can't believe how solid the suit looks and feels, the materials that BM have used are top notch, they've really done their homework on this one! And the suit certainly grabbed a LOT of attention on the ground.

I only managed three jumps on it but like Tonto said it is rock solid in the sky. This was the first ws jump i've done in about two months and i only managed a 61 avg on my first jump but it felt so sweet! To me it felt faster than a GTI and the few turns that i did were tight and very smooth.

My second jump was all joy flying over the freeway chasing cars B|

On my third jump i was having a little too much fun and ended up going low. I cut the wings away (more out of wanting to see how easy it was than neccessity) and it was quite difficult, althought Tonto reckons that might just be the newness of the suit.

On the whole i'm well impressed!

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

:D He was pulling against the tab that covers the velcro - and tore it right off! In my book - that would count as a hard pull. We have a saying here...

"Met genoeg geveld kan jy our eier vinger in jou poepol afbreek.."

It fits pretty well here..:D I'll leave it up to PJ to translate!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

:D He was pulling against the tab that covers the velcro - and tore it right off! In my book - that would count as a hard pull.

You're kidding! I didn't even notice that when i folded the suit after the jump... [:/]

So was i routing the cables wrong or something? Did a bicep curl just like you said :$:(

PM sent too.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

phi fi fho fum....did 6 jumps on it yesterday...in my also humble opinion which is 20 gti jumps...i liked it alot, felt alot faster than the gti and it took alot more out of me to get it to full flight mode. in saying that it was a new experience to fly with wing tip grippers and i suppose if youre a s3 pilot it will be a piece of cake but it took me 3 jumps to figure out what the right way was to hold them and the wing without busting my tri-ceps. i did find it took me longer to undo the wing zips having to find the gripper first, apply tension and then unzip, i will definitely be adding finger loops to mine, im used to starting the unzip mid deployment so i didnt like having to wait that sec. longer. i would say that its not a beginner suit in the sense that gti would be, i found it had much more range than the gti. quality exceptional. all in all nice one BM - ps :o. chicks dig it

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

I think thats the biggest improvent (next to the suits actualy flying better:)
The new line of suits from BM is the first time I've heard fellow (non WS) jumpers say about any WS that it looks cool instead of nerdy.

They used to call me penguin and funny names like that, but since Ive gotten my S3S, they suddenly call me 'the bat'....

Definately an improvement..:)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hey Peej,

Good to finally meet you. The suit looks very cool + well made.

On my third jump i was having a little too much fun and ended up going low.

I have some video footage of you falling away from me on that jump and I recall wondering just how far out you were going to land ;-)

Simon

As for that leg wing stiffener, does anyone else feel a 45 degree fold in it about mid piece?? It may have been from having been folded into the envelope, but not sure.

In mine there are two 45-degree bends in the mylar stiffener. There are also pieces of shattered mylar visible if you hold the suit upside down and look into the air inlets. This might explain why a seam in the leg wing blew out after two jumps, and there are little holes and cotton-like pieces hanging out of the trailing edge of the leg wing. It's as if the shattered mylar pieces are sandblasting the inside of the wing >:(

So much for those envelopes they ship them in...
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

Just talked to BM and they are sending me a new suit, this time shipping it in a box rather than an envelope. They said it's in stock, so it should be here relatively soon :)
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving