smiler

Vampire of the night

Netheravon (England) did night jumps last night (there's more on Friday) and I did a couple in my V1 - it was absolutely incredible. I was off my head on adrenaline after the first one, still buzzing in the plane on the way up for the second, and then we went up to 15k so the Pro-Track gave up after 1min59. It had been completely clear for the first one, then there were a few clouds by the time we went up for the 2nd which made for fantastic visuals.

Has anyone else done them in the UK before or do I owe even more beer for an even bigger first? Have Vampires been seen at night over England before...?
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school

Buzz, get Kiwi or Bish to do the following 5 minute job for you:

Get a piece of webbing (Type8 or 12 or something, about 15-20 inches of it) and a slightly longer piece of legstrap-bungee elastic, stitch the elastic to the centre of the webbing, keeping the webbing flat and making small bumps in the elastic, stitch the whole thing to the front of the suit, load it up with cylumes, and try and get some UFO reportings from the townspeople of Bad Lipp!
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school

Buzz, get Kiwi or Bish to do the following 5 minute job for you:

Get a piece of webbing (Type8 or 12 or something, about 15-20 inches of it) and a slightly longer piece of legstrap-bungee elastic, stitch the elastic to the centre of the webbing, keeping the webbing flat and making small bumps in the elastic, stitch the whole thing to the front of the suit, load it up with cylumes, and try and get some UFO reportings from the townspeople of Bad Lipp!

We did night jumps this last weekend, and I cut some of the stiching up on the bottom of the mesh inside the knees of the suit, and slid some cyalumes into the leg wing. I also put a bunch inside the arm wings, and it gives a really cool effect (or so I'm told, couldn't really see it). Now if I could only figure out a decent way to get cyalumes into the very center two leg cells. There doesn't seem to be any crossports in the mylar ribs.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Sounds good with the cyalumes.

Last night -birdy I did I mounted a divers head-lamp on the top of my helmut. The lamp is the type that takes 4AA batteries and has a axial-swivel head . it didn't add much height to the helmut.

The swivel allowed me to point it up to check canopy and then point it forward as a landing light. It is powerful enough to light up a landing area on a pitch black night.

As it was only used for short periods of time the batteries have lasted well. Good for ordinary night jumps as well.
I felt well equipped even for landing off if necessary.

cheers