flyinfishman

Seattle wingsuit weekend- PF demos at Snohomish Aug. 13 + 14

Attention all Seattle area wingsuit flyers- come on out to Snohomish Aug 13 + 14 for some flocks.

There will be demo Prodigy's and tracking pants / jackets for those interested.

I would like the focus of the weekend to be on flocking, but will also be doing first flight training with the Prodigy for those interested.
200 jumps within 18 months or 500 jumps total are the minimum experience requirements for a FFC (sorry, but this is not negotiable)

Please send a PM if interested in a first flight and check out the flight manuals and other articles on the Phoenix-Fly website so you can come better prepared!

http://www.phoenix-fly.com/articles.htm

I know there's plenty of good flyers around the state so please try to make it.

Let's get some flocks bigger than a 3-way around here for a change!

:)
Rock on,

Jim

That is in fact the only weekend in August that I'll be busy with other stuff.[:/] But I still need more gym time on the shoulders more to increase stamina and extend my low numbers to the entire flighttime. Hopefully Paul, Mike, and Dave will be there though. B|

TR
edited: ok, yes, so i got off topic there a bit, oh well. ;)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

That is in fact the only weekend in August that I'll be busy with other stuff.[:/] But I still need more gym time on the shoulders more to increase stamina and extend my low numbers to the entire flighttime.

For flocking you don't want low numbers. ;)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Experienced WS flyers: Come on out and let's sharpen our flocking skills this weekend before Molalla later this month!

Right on Jim! Get the flock ready to ROCK! ;)

Hope you have a great turnout! :)
See you in a few weeks. B|

Be safe!
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

A BIG THANKS to Jim for providing the opportunity! I still can't believe that I got out over the high school and opened south of the airport. Weird!
While I was pretty undecided about it all and made only the one flight on Friday, I'm thinking about it. There may be a new purple bird over Snohomish this winter (that Prodigy suit is definitely not for warm weather wear!). I am corresponding with Morpheus Tech about some of the fit issues I had. So we'll see...
A new RW suit or a new Wing suit...hum...

Cindy
Cindy

Life on earth may be expensive,
but it includes a free trip around the sun!

Ummmmmmm, both! Wingsuit first of course.

What?? Didn't you mean to say WS suit first, then *FF* suit next ?? :)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

No, FREEFLY is the dark side! ;)
I must not be completely ready, since I haven't put in my rush order for the wingsuit yet. I'm thinking about it. I need to sit and chat with Jim a bit. While Dave is not encouraging the behavior, he has let me know that its okay with him if I spend the money. I'm hoping to hear back about the fit issues. It would be fun to take to Eloy for the Holiday Boogie...

Oh hey Tony, I have a Free Fly suit in pieces on my sewing table just waiting for the rainy season when I start sewing again, that's why its not on my list. If Karen has her way I will try free flying next...YICKS that's scarier than the wingsuit! Look out below, or should I say above?

Cindy
Cindy

Life on earth may be expensive,
but it includes a free trip around the sun!

No, FREEFLY is the dark side!

Thas wut I ment. Figured you were more likely to fly a wingsuit than get into freefly. I 'd love to add you to the flock of birdpersons. I had a blast at Eloy last winter, most all jumps were wingsuit, great folks, great flocks.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Thanks Jim for putting this on and getting the demo Prodigy suits.
I was impressed with the Prodigy suit, I came within 8 mph avg descent rate of my best SF3 jump on the second jump on the Prodigy. I don't think the Prodigy had quite as much forward speed as the SF3, unless you are a little headdown. It was nice to not have to deal with so much doing things up before flight and undoing things after opening while jumping the prodigy, although it did make for warmer rides up to altitude. I think the wing attachment could be easily modified to make sure that back flying does not pop the snaps. All in all a nice suit that I would consider buying, if I could figure out when I would use it instead of the SF3 often enough to justify the cost.
I'll probably see you down in Oregon next weekend.