bseriesboosted

Getting ready for W/S

I am very current and practice as much as possible. i just bought a gti and i am hoping it don't have to sit in the closet for a year until i can fly it...

if it will take you a year to do 100 jumps, then you're not very current at all.... :S

especially if you've already decided on a GTi for your first wingsuit...

seriously guy, do the other 110 skydives you need for the 200 jump minimum, do a course with a good instructor and you'll be way ahead of where you'd be if you jumped your GTi now

90 jumps + 100 jumps per year + GTi = BAD IDEA

cya
sam

soon to be gone

I am very current and practice as much as possible. i just bought a gti and i am hoping it don't have to sit in the closet for a year until i can fly it...

if it will take you a year to do 100 jumps, then you're not very current at all.... :S

especially if you've already decided on a GTi for your first wingsuit...

seriously guy, do the other 110 skydives you need for the 200 jump minimum, do a course with a good instructor and you'll be way ahead of where you'd be if you jumped your GTi now

90 jumps + 100 jumps per year + GTi = BAD IDEA

cya
sam

its not going to take me a year to do another 100 jumps i average about 30 jumps a month
Pruitt

Skydive The Farm

"I do 30 jumps a month."

Best advice, wait three months and find an instructor in the meantime that will be available in three months. Good on you for setting the goal early, tough part is just following through the rest of the way. The sky will always be there later, don't rush.;)

Jay

edit : Given it takes a month to do 30, it'll only hang for 3-4 months, and no where near a year. Might feel like a year though:ph34r:

I'm not trying to be a rebel and break the rules or anything like that... I just feel as if I could handle it.
I have never done it so i don't know for sure. i understand what everyone is saying. but i believe that 100+ jumps with flying w/s in mind and focusing on things that would help is better than 200 skydives that are not as focused on prepairing for w/s
but rules are rules so i will talk to you guys in a couple months
Pruitt

Skydive The Farm

It would be quite to your advantage to wait. It's not just flying the wingsuit. It's the openings. At your number of jumps, you can find yourself in some serious trouble.

This is why curency and a good number of jumps (at least 200 current) is important. Hopefully with that number of jumps, you'll have a more stable deployment, and if something happens, you'll be in a much better position to unfuck yourself if things should hit the fan.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

like i said I understand and i will talk to you guys in a couple of months.

I also liked how nobody cared to inform me on how to prepare for w/s just wanted to preach to me about how i need to wait... well i get that part so you can get of the soap box now...
Pruitt

Skydive The Farm

like i said I understand and i will talk to you guys in a couple of months.

I also liked how nobody cared to inform me on how to prepare for w/s just wanted to preach to me about how i need to wait... well i get that part so you can get of the soap box now...

Hello Matt

I dont think anyones intent was to preach anything Bro. :)
Do a seach on here. There is quite a few posts on here that will explain how to practice/prepare for flying a wingsuit, one of which I wrote. ;)

The sky isn't going anywhere, dont rush into anything until you have all the skills for what it is you wish to do, and it will make things a whole lot easier when you do. ;)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

From what it sounds like, you are doing as much to "prepare" for jumping a wing suit as anyone can (ie. track dives and such like you mentioned). Thats good. Don't take the "wait till 200 jumps" as negative or as preaching. Thats one of the things you need to do to prepare. 200 current jumps is more than just a number, it to is preparation.

Blue skies,
Jay

I'm sorry guys i was a lil drunk when i was replying to the post and i tend to take some things the wrong way when i have been drinking... thats why i deleted them all.

I am taking the time to get the experience and practice to be ready for w/s...

and baxter why not the vampire;)j/k...

btw i have read that a gti is a good first wingsuit??? please tell me i didnt spend 500$ just to have to fly somethign else for a while...
Pruitt

Skydive The Farm

btw i have read that a gti is a good first wingsuit??? please tell me i didnt spend 500$ just to have to fly somethign else for a while...

GTi is a good choice for a first suit, and will serve you well for a while, so that you don't have to fork out more cash to trade up for a bit.

If Baxter is at your DZ, definitely get him to help you out. He's still a BMI from the wayback, I think, plus I'd bet he's a PFI by now, too. Just don't let him get you out on any cranes, and whatever you do, don't wear a Metallica t-shirt.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

GTi is a good choice for a first suit, and will serve you well for a while, so that you don't have to fork out more cash to trade up for a bit.

If Baxter is at your DZ, definitely get him to help you out. He's still a BMI from the wayback, I think, plus I'd bet he's a PFI by now, too. Just don't let him get you out on any cranes, and whatever you do, don't wear a Metallica t-shirt.

Havn't heard the metallica story yet but i am hoping to be up on a crane some day...lol can't wait for bridge day...
Pruitt

Skydive The Farm

Tom- METALLICA RULES!!! ;) Get down to the ATL and bring your rig, the crew is dwindling and we need help with a recruiting drive!

Matt- the GTI is a great suit, I think a lot of us started with one and I still have fun flying it.

Baxter.
BMI/PFI