unclecharlie109

Risen?? Phoenix Fly Vampire V-1 Wingsuit!!!!!

For those lazy fockers (i mean flockers) who don't check flybirdman.com, here is the latest:

The new Phoenix fly wingsuit is nearly here! It will be called the Vampire V-1 :ph34r:

Main features of the new suit:

-New low friction materials
-Mylar plastic ribs in the wings
-Revolutionary 3D arm wing design
-Wing surface area increased
-Incorporated sleeve design
-Re-designed wing tip grippers
-Back deflector size increased
- and more

The best flyers will be pushing 4:1 glide ratio :o:o

Looooooooooong flights,

J

For those lazy fockers (i mean flockers) who don't check flybirdman.com, here is the latest:

The new Phoenix fly wingsuit is nearly here! It will be called the Vampire V-1 :ph34r:

What about those those fockers(err I mean flockers :P :PB|:):D

Anyway, I am just as excited as you are about the Vampire :)
Kris.

Hey Charlie, Have you ever jumped one of these out of a plane? How much trouble are the stiffeners and giant wings while crawling around in a small A/C?

Not that it'll matter, I'm still saving my pennies for one already. 4:1, that's amazing. :o

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Have you ever jumped one of these out of a plane? How much trouble are the stiffeners and giant wings while crawling around in a small A/C?

No I have only jumped the prototype from a high cliff, no crawling involved (some swimming, but thats a different story :P )

Jumping any WS from a small a/c is usually not a "comfortable" experience. People jump S3s from Cessnas, so IMHO you'd have no problems jumping a V-1 out of a small a/c either.

Long flights
J

I've wondered the same thing, since the tail is so long and there are rigid ribs inside... Difficult to stand in or just walk getting to the door?

I've heard there will be no LQRS option on this suit, which I've found useful a few times with my GTi for kicking out of line twists.

Granted the leg stance is so wide on this one compared to the GTi, you'd probably get a good kick with the booties still on.

I've heard there will be no LQRS option on this suit, which I've found useful a few times with my GTi for kicking out of line twists.

The leg wing on the V-1 is pretty damn wide.:)
But saying that there are still situations where a leg release system would come in handy. (e.g. water landings *cough*;) )

So a leg release will be optional for the V-1 :)