leroydb

new vid on the vid server

it will be called Bad Opening. I will post the link as soon as it is approved.

It shows a stable? spinning deployment. had a few twists but was able to kick out of them. I was flying a Monarch 170. it was the 4th jump of the day.

I think it was due, possibley to bad rubber bands There were a couple that could have been replaced but I usually wait till they break.

But I will not wait anymore especailly if I am doing a BM Jump.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Rubber bands? What are those? :D About half the time I don't even stow my lines and just coil dump them in the container. Same great openings as usual.

Why do you suspect that rubber bands caused the issues? Do you have cut corners?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone ....'Phree' Stowing....

Dou you have any details /and or piccies on that?...I have had a look on here for freestowing info....and there was a thread about a 'Bergerbag?' but nothing really new since..

What container do you have and what mods does it have if any ( for freestowing)

If you can point me a a directioon for more info...much appreciated

I had a look at a rubberband free bag at the Herc boogi, the PD guys used them.
They had some material problems to solv on it b4 it´s relised to the market.

...and again we enter the vally of death but we shall fear no evil for we are the baddest motherfuckers in the vally.

I really don't recommend freestowing, just saying its possible. The risk of tension knots goes way up as does the risk of out of sequence deployments. I mainly did it to prove a point to people that say tighter rubber bands make for softer openings. If I can get just of soft of openings with no rubber bands, then what difference do bands play?

LeRoy.. are you packing grommet up? That made the largest difference for me in getting smooth openings with no twists.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

Leroy, that bag looked like it spun coming out of the Talon before the second rubberband stow was reached. How much slack are you leaving after the last stow, are you packing grommet up and do you have cut corners?

For the record I don't have cut corners on my rig yet either.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

It was pin to grommet with about 12" +/- of slack

this is not my usual rig for BM. it is a 2nd rig that will be for my brother when he can get down to a 170(he is in AFF at the moment)

my normal rig is a javelin with cut corners
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Thats been discussed ;)

Thats pretty much the whole concept behind the stowless bags that Sunpath is working on, but the velcro idea that everyone keeps suggesting to me does not make me happy one bit since velcro to me is a great way to wear at microlines. And using tabs has crossed my mind but I keep hearing that the issue with the bags in testing is that if you under pack your canopy the lines have no tension holding them against the bag and they fall out while packing.

I'm still thinking of alternitives, but have'nt put much thought into it lately. (Besides the last idea I posted on here after working it out someone took the idea and is selling it :S)
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com