Kevin116

Line Twists

Had a couple of line twists above me after opening several weeks ago. Bag might have touched foot on the way by? My Sabre 2 waited patiently for me to unzip and all went well after that. After thinking about my situation hanging there with the lines hour-glassed above me, in hindsight I was wondering if opening one wing at a time to the relative wind would have developed an unspin of the lines? Anyone tried this?

I see where you're going with this and it's a novel idea but it's much faster to just unzip your arms and deal with the twists normally.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

in hindsight I was wondering if opening one wing at a time to the relative wind would have developed an unspin of the lines? Anyone tried this?

It's better to recover from your line twist with your wings unzipped and your arms free. Should your canopy start into a dive with the twists, it's better to have your arms free to spread your risers apart.

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

do you think there would be enough force to induce twists ???

no.. :) not unless you were jumping a canopy with a high forward speed and a suit with large wings.. and even then I wonder.

even if this idea worked moderately well (the untwisting line twists with a wing attached) i think it's asking for trouble. If things turn even more sour quick, you're going to be wishing you used that extra time to unzip your wings because getting your arms up to your risers to try and fight it, once you're on you're back won' be easy.