ManBird

New NW bird

Jim (flyinfishman) came down from Snohomish to get his first three flights in on his very nice looking *shiny* new GTi. On the first flight, he was going down in a little quick (and had a nice spin on deployment). On his third flight, he nailed the low 50s for a good three grand. I was in my GTi, as well (which was really fun to put back on), and he kicked my ass in the air. The guy's a freakin' natural. The sun against his suit looked really cool.

Got the attached pic from him. That's him on the right. Look out for this guy.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Steve,

Thanks again for the training dives,
YOU DA MAN!
Everyone at SDO was great, it's a beautiful DZ.

I have the deployment down now, and today after working on my flying position, I found a very quiet place I had never been before!
B|

I'm glad I had that big old Falcon 195 on the first one...I got thrown around like a rag doll, but it didn't care a bit.

Thanks to BirdMan (Kimberly rocks!) for a great looking suit, it's perfect!
Jim

Jim, I'm at Snohomish, too, and I am drooling to see a wingsuit in person. Questions related to this:

1. Are you going to be jumping your wingsuit from a 182 over the Winter at Snohomish at all? Or...

1b. Do I have to come down to Kapowsin to see it?
and
2. Do you or does anyone else know how many wingsuit fliers there are at Kapowsin? (I think I know the number at Snohomish. :|)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Hey Eugene..

Actually one of the Camera guys Dave has a couple Bird suits. A new Birdman.. and an older... I am not sure what. He jumps at both Kapow and Snohomish I plan on buying one this winter.. and will probably not get to fly it very much[:/]

Hmmm interesting picture JimB|

A new Birdman.. and an older... I am not sure what.[:/]

A Crossbow. I met him just recently. Really, really nice guy and he's got quite a few jumps on that Crossbow (plus probably a couple dozen on his new S3, if I recall correctly).

Click

Dave is a kewl dude.. He was camped with us up in Camp Cutaway.. we had 4 malfunctions in our little camp....I have a few jumps with him.. and I was there at LP when he had his function with the suit on....

I will be making it down to SDO this winter.. especially if the weather is halfway clear there when the convergence zone over Snohomish is in the perma-drizzle weather.

Dave is a kewl dude.. He was camped with us up in Camp Cutaway.. we had 4 malfunctions in our little camp....I have a few jumps with him.. and I was there at LP when he had his function with the suit on....

I will be making it down to SDO this winter.. especially if the weather is halfway clear there when the convergence zone over Snohomish is in the perma-drizzle weather.

Is that the one where the hackey slipped under his container? Crazy stuff, that.

Yeah, we definitely have our bouts of clear weather here during the winter. Last weekend was gorgeous. Do you fly a wingsuit? Either way, it'd be nice to have you down here.

Click

Last weekend was gorgeous. Do you fly a wingsuit? Either way, it'd be nice to have you down here.

I know.. last weekend was gorgeous.. so much so I had to do some of the things a homeowner should have been doing the last few months.. with the rain comes the return of mowing the lawn etc.

I do not jump a wing suit yet. but have been reading and talking with those who do..Hopefully at Eloy there will be a nice big birdsuit that will fit me.

I COULD have maybe gotten in a jump at Snohomish on Sunday.. in like 2 hours if I was willing to wait.. but the cessnas were all full up with tandems and students... so getting on a plane was not happening and maybe a sunset load.. so I gave up...I started to head to Kapowsin but by then it was already 2 pm with a 2 hour drive.. I just headed home.

Yeah the lost hackey Dave had was freaky... and at LP I was still too new back in the sport for me to try a suit. And being in Camp Cutaway I was not about to try something that could have added me to that exclusive club.
But with all the birdpeople flocking at Eloy.. and me giving LOTS of hints about needing a suit that will fit my frame at 6'1" and not skinny.... uh maybe Jari or Lou will bring along a big one:P

I haven't been out at Snohomish much the last few months, actually haven't jumped in a month, too much work.
The description of my malfunction at LP is correct, the mouth of the BOC is a little loose and it allows the topskin of the PC to creep out of the pouch just a little bit, just enough for the hackey to flip into the space between my back and the rig. I am going to get a new pouch installed, especially since the hackey has ended up in that space a second time, but I knew where to look for it this time, so it only resulted in a little bit of delay in the deployment sequence.
Jeanne, don't you mean to new back into the sport?
I will have both suits with me in Eloy from the 28th thru the 2nd. I will be looking to get some tips from some of the Instructors there on how to slow my un-bird like body down some, other than a diet of birdseed.
I plan on getting in some jumps prior to Eloy, it may mean getting down to SDO, since the weather up here doesn't seem to want to cooperate with my work schedule.

Jeanne, don't you mean to new back into the sport?

Hey there Dave...

Well yeah.. I mean I did my 100th jump BACK into the sport at Lost Prairie. I was amazed at how much really did come back quickly after being off for 22 years.

Still I did not feel safe taking on a new added risk at that time.. especially with you having a total.. and Brice having the spinner on one of his BM jumps...I just did not want to join you guys in unpacking my reserve:P

So that makes 3 of us at Eloy from Snohomish... kewl beans.. and maybe a flock jump.... SWEEEET.. I remember one of my high pulls at Kapow. to try out the Raven as a main..... that you were Birdsuiting. GAD that was a nice day...

As far as going to SDO.. we may have to get a bunch of us together for some road trips.. The Cessnas seem a bit full whenever the weather is nice... if you know what I mean. The Otters bekon... I want to at least get a group together so we have a plane load at Toledo which may force them to actually fly the Twin Beech...

By the way.. you are NOT on the Holiday Boogie list...http://www.dropzone.com/pub/

Go tell Betsy you are coming...

So, what color are you going to get? Red, by any chance?

Uh.. lets see Flitesuit jumpsuit.... uh RED.. My Infinity rig RED.. My Z-1 Evo helmet RED.. my Altimaster II Galaxy Chilli Pepper RED.. my truck uh.... RED... my Columbia Sloop.... hmm RED hmmmmm I think maybe I will get a suit Birdman suit that is.......

RED

Just wait till you see the RED leather jumpsuit I am working on...:P

As far as your qualifications.....well then.... find a good used rig.. to cut down on the rentals...this time of year there should be plenty...and get something safe.. Snohomish is a good DZ to learn at.. and plenty of people will jump with you at the East Field. The hop and pop season is upon us.... so the cost of jumps will be minimal... if you have your own gear... I think maybe you need a trip down to SkyDive Beaver Creek.. home of Ralphs... he has just about everything.. and as long as he has no clue where you work... and you dont who up in a brand new truck... you should be able to bargain shop with him.. and if you get something that does not really fill the bill of what you want... he has a pretty good trade in for sumpin more your speed.

I want to get a group of us to go down some weekend... so we have enough for a full load on his BEAVER... a DH-2.. I WANT to jump out of it... Did I mention.. its......uh......RED.. and white

Oh and by the way.. NO SALES TAX in Oregon.