r2hubert

Flocking is so awesome!

Here are some pictures of Phlip and me doing some 2 ways over Hollister this WE!
We add such a great time even if we are really new in the wing suit flying family!

Enjoy!

Big Thanks to Skyshark6 and NathanL100 to let us borrow their suits!

--
Renaud SMA #9
"Mind is like parachute. It only functions when it's open."

Here are some pictures of Phlip and me doing some 2 ways over Hollister this WE!
Big Thanks to Skyshark6 and NathanL100 to let us borrow their suits!

You're welcome Renaud. Now you and Phlip need to buy your own so we can all flock together.
Oh, and STRAIGHTEN YOUR LEGS
Oh, and one more thing POINT YOUR TOES
;)

<><><><><><>
Q: "Do you think it gets boring just flying around or is there more to it?"
A: "I've never seen a bird get bored with flight and decide to start walking instead."

Hey Chuck, got a question, (*I'm the one in Rantaul that had the "Banishment" problem on here, appearently it has worked out) You say to point your toes and straighten your legs? Does that apply to the Skyflyer and is that to improve your distance or freefall time? I see all the photo's of everyone flying with knees forward, was just curious which aspect this improves. Thanks. (*Please don't ban me again!!! Ha Ha)

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

Thanks man. Was just curious, now I have to "re-vamp" my flying. There isn't a chance you are going to a boogie someplace close to the southern region any time soon, is there?

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

Not that type of southern (so cal and maybe Arizona). I need to get my BM-I, so I may head to Florida some time in the next few months. Though, my company is starting on layoffs. My position wil probably be around for awhile, but I'm going to start saving now for the worst case scenario later... which means less traveling. :(
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

There are a lot of us in the south. One thing that a lot of us were doing in our "standard" skyflyers was flying a bit "knees down" in order to funnel air through the hole into the leg wing inlet. Doing this, while keeping our toes pointed and the leg wing taut, took away some of the squirreliness. Another BM-I buddy of mine from Australia found that blocking off the air inlet to the "butt deflector" made his standard skyfler MUCH more controllable.

Chuck

I read you right and I know exactly what you're saying. However, you do lose performance, even if it's only a bit, by having any bend in your knees. But the tradeoff is that you gain stability. But as we both know, with experience you can fly the suit to its full potential and maintain stability, though it's not the best thing to do on flocks.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Thanks man. Was just curious, now I have to "re-vamp" my flying. There isn't a chance you are going to a boogie someplace close to the southern region any time soon, is there?

There is a chance i'll be at the mardi gras boogie in march if you want to flock.

Kevin

I will definitely be there. (*Mardi Gras Boogie) and it would be cool as hell to get some BM jumps down there. Hopefully by then I will be flying my Skyflyer a little more proficiently. Thanks to Chuck and Manbird here, I think that may happen very shortly. Will keep practicing (*And freezing, cause we all know that extended freefall's=more frostbite!) and hopefully be able to be worth something come March. Thanks man.

***What I meant was that you dearch by dropping your knees down a bit, not relaxing them up on your butt.

Are you talking about the S3 when you say that or in general? My first (and only jump so far:() on the S3 I started to get into a spin when I really tried to max it out. I fixed it and got back in control very quick, but since it the only jump I have done with it I really don't know what the "thing" was that took care of it. I remembered reading that if you got into a flat spin you could get out of it by balling up. Didn't get that far, but by relaxing just a bit I was able to get back in control. It felt kind of cool actually. Kind of like sliding on ice.
Dom