DaMan

Taking it home...

Just curious if anyone is doing anything "special" for their wing suit transportation and storage needs...dedicated gear bag, duffle, etc.

Someone asked me if the suit needed to be kept under any special conditions; seems like it ought to be treated like a canopy (same material, right?) as far as storage, but it got me thinking :S about the best method for transport...

Any helpful ideas out there - what do you do with yours?
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

I leave my suit attached to my rig as I have a dedicated Birdman rig and a seperate skydiving rig. I have a seperate gear bag that I use to haul my BM rig in. As far as care of the suit goes, like any piece of equipment, if you take care of it, it will take care of you. I do try to keep it out of direct sunlight as much as possible when it's not being jumped. If my suit isn't on my rig I try to keep all the zippers closed and the cutaway handles mated to the suit to avoid loosing them or damaging the zippers.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Whether the wingsuit is on my rig or not, and I own two so one is always not, I store them with the cutaway cables either inserted and secured into their tabs and loops or in a completely different compartment of my gear bag. The reason is that the end of SOME cutaway cable ends have sharp wire sticking out that can damage the ZP the suit is made from.
Of course it can be melted and smoothed over but in the case of my leg cutaway end it is continually getting re-abraded.
Lately I just keep the respective cutaways on their
respective product. With two wingsuits and a freefly tube I would hate to show up at the DZ with the wrong cables