kevin922

Crew swoop.. in case you missed it.

:oHOLY SCHMOLY!:o

Noice buzz-job, Kev!!!

Is there any video from the formation side?

Yeah but he was shooting a headhunter? or something like it.. where you wear a pouch on your belly and the remote cam on your head.. needless to say the video quality on it is crap. I didn't get a chance to get it from him but he (as well as I) gave our video to a guy from AZ I believe who is putting together a ballunar film.

Kevin

coool one
great job
it was u kevin?

Yep i was flying.. we did about 8 jumps almost identical to that.. i don't wear camera that often, and because i'm not used to wearing camera it messes up my flight characteristics so judging approaches and everything is different.. so i have footage of me going low on another swoop -- nice footage too, right as i'm going below them i look up and you see the sunrise in the background and a 12 way crew formation.. pretty neat nontheless. I wore smoke on most of them. The crew dawgs said my glide ratio evidentally was very similar to them because i flew right over them with the smoke and they were "tasting smoke" for a while as they continued down their path... :)

Very cool skydive Kevin! Thanks for the video.

Do you think you could fly circles around two people doing a downplane with small canopies and stay fairly relative to them?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I've never seen how fast a downplane flew vertically, but if it's fast enough, we could probably do itB| I wouldn't get near it in the beginning because I'd have no idea what to expect, but after a couple jumps, could probably fly fairly close to one (like I said, if it was fast enough!):S

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

Do you think you could fly circles around two people doing a downplane with small canopies and stay fairly relative to them?

I can stay with someone in a sit in my suit.. i'd be willing to try :) Of course with anything like this you start out a safe distance and begin working your way closer... i've done numerous tandem and canopy swoops before doing this crew swoop with this proximity..

You don't need two people. ;)

Three guys were doing a dog fight. I was going to buzz them, and found that the last one out was having a spinning mal on his little Velocity. I flew a few circles around him, laughing all the way. He eventually kicked out and fixed it (which was pretty impressive for its severity, but he did have about 12,000 feet to work on it). It was pretty sweet, because this is the same guy that was flying on his back, laughing at me, when I had a mal on a wingsuit hop and pop.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click