Zenister

Strength/Endurance exercises for wingsuit flight?

greetings bird peoples!

i'm not yet up to wingsuit flying but am very interested in it. Given the particular body positions i've been reading about to get the most efficient flight from different wingsuits, what kinds of strength training exercises would you recommend to better prepare for wingsuits? I'm looking particularly to develop a series of exercises (or a full routine) to incorporate in to my (irr of late:()regular gym work out.

Just get in the correct body position on the ground, on your back. I do this for an hour or two... watch a movie, listen to music, whatever. Just hold it for a couple minutes at a time. A couple weeks after I started doing this, I found that I can stay maxed out from exit to deployment.

Same thing for wingsuitless tracking.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Is that a joke? While I can see how holding that one positin would, in fact, help, it is certainly not the fastest or most efficient way to build those muscles. Wide arm pushups, lat pulls, flies with dumbells all help. What do I do? None of the above. Swinging around from trees in my :ph34r: manner keeps me extremely strong in the shoulders and forearms.

Chuck

Actually, it works really well. It essentially is doing crunches, too, if you rep it a bit. Try it, you'll feel you muscles burn in all the same places you do while in flight. Nothing else I tried worked out the right muscles. What better way to develop muscles for that body position than to get into that body position. It wasn't I started doing this that I was able to hold the position for the full 10,000 feet.

This exercise helps you out mentally, too. If you're in the (correct) position for six hours a week, getting back into the right position in the air is a snap.

And while I look like a freak, I walk around the apartment with my arms in an A frame all the time.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

i'm not yet up to wingsuit flying but am very interested in it. Given the particular body positions i've been reading about to get the most efficient flight from different wingsuits, what kinds of strength training exercises would you recommend to better prepare for wingsuits? I'm looking particularly to develop a series of exercises (or a full routine) to incorporate in to my (irr of late)regular gym work out.
dude, go ahead and Purchase Churk Norris Crunchtime video, that will help you "enhance your bird-man flying skills" also, get the panocha stretcher tool (I forget what is called, but you'll find it on channel 6 on tv)
after that you might want to buy some aminoacids to greatly increase muscle awareness and response.
Follow this program meticoulously for about ten weeks and then try to fly the birdman suit.
cux it sounds to me your nugget is working overtime trying to dissect the dynamics of jumping an overprice suit, that's really not much of a big deal
ahahhah
ok, im just kidding. dont trip too much.
just jump the damn thing man.

Keeping it real 22x7

after that you might want to buy some aminoacids to greatly increase muscle awareness and response.

You also get complete amino acid chains by eating red meat. If you get the good cuts of beef, you don't get all the extra fat (and it'll grill up so nice...)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

well i prefer to excell at everything i do, so i pick the brains of every one already engaged in the sport to learn everything i can..if you want to flail thru the sky while trying to "figure it out" on your own thats up to you..but dont be amazed when others blow by you with half the number of jumps because they did the research as they learned from the beginning...

how about taking the drivel to talk back? or better yet dont post it at all..:P