The111

Pro-Track vs Dytter tones

Recently got a Pro-Track and it works well. I want to get a second audible for the other side of my helmet, but there's no point in buying another Pro-Track since I already have one. I thought about buying a Dytter since it is cheaper, but I am wondering if the 3 levels of warning tones are the same between the Track and Dytter. I would want all the tones to be the same so as to create less confusion for myself, and I'd set all the warning altitudes the same between the two. Anyone else do this (Track/Dytter in same helmet)?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I guessed that skymedic, but what I am asking is are the TONES that a Dytter makes the same sound/volume/duration as a Pro-Track. So that a Dytter/Track combination would sound just like a Track/Track combination, even though in both cases the dual altis would not go off in perfect sync.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

i have a pro-track and pro-dytter in my camera helmet, set at same warning altitudes, and i can not differentiate between the 2....meaning i only hear 2 warning altitudes of 2 audibles sounding together, i don't hear 4 distinct warnings....(i don't ever hear the 3rd, if i do i am in trouble)....

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

well if no one tells you first, I'll let you know tomorrow as Im expecting my pro-track to have been delivered today and I already own a dyter.

Personally it simply doesnt bother me. So long as they're set to the same hight (so go off at about the same time) they're going to work fine. A noise in the ear is a noise in the ear and if two different noises cause more distraction that can only be good.

these things are supposed to distract you - i dont see it as a confusion issue - if you hear a noise and dont know what it means you have lost altitude awareness.

Well, i use this setup and they have a slight difference in volume and a different sound.

The difference in sound is not too big, but it seems to be a slightly different frequency. You can tell them apart quite well.

And yes, they will differ a bit when at set altitude.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Both the pro-track and the pro-ditter have the same tones, but the specifics of the tone seem to vary between different units, so they might not sound exactly the same.

IE, the "siren" of the flatline might be a slight pitch higher on one, or it might oscilate fater on one. Generally, they will be the same, though.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.