VectorBoy

Gromets anyone

ditto chuck....

but note that i jump a javelin rs which basically has a square bag. some larger rigs have flatter rectangular bags and i have no experience with gromet to pin packing on them...

sincerely,

dan<><>
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

Yep, totally agreed. I pack my Stiletto 120 - wings W5 gromet up every time, wheter it's wingsuit jump or not. To me packing gromet up it just makes sense, since when the pin is pulled and container opened the bridle is pulling straight upwards so if you pack "regularly" gromet facing reserve, the D-bag will turn 90 degreed before coming out of container. If you pack gromet up, the D-bag will leave the container straight and requires no turns.
http://www.ufufreefly.com

I pack my Stiletto 120 - wings W5 gromet up every time, wheter it's wingsuit jump or not.

This is good news. I have a Wings on the way, and my Sabre 120 is going in there. Grommet to pin is damn near impossible on my Racer Elite (with a very flat D-Bag), and I was really hoping that I could do grommet/pin on the new rig. WORD! Er...

And I think grommet to pin makes total sense for any kind of skydiving. Especially without a wingsuit. Why not have the bag just go straight up? Hell, maybe even rotate the bag so the grommet is further down on a wingsuit jump... so long as you have open corners and have cleared your lines away from the closing loop. Then there'd be no change of orientation of the d-bag while dumping in a full track.

Something I'll be experimenting with when I get my Wings.

- Mac