freeflyfree

Wingsuit in "Reign of Fire" movie?

Have you guys seen the trailer fr this movie? it's about dragons. any way they show people jumping out of hellicopters and then flying in something like a wing suit so they can chase the dragons...check it out here
www.reignoffire.com
Blue Ones
Blue Skies
NO FEAR, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

I've read a review of 'Reign of Fire' and the movie is supposed to be realy cool (a serious take on the whole dragon thing instead of a ID4 kinda thing)

The review raved about 'a cool skydiving scene' so I gues it's true.....

No idea if they use parachutes or not...maybe they'll just land the birdsuits...who knows :)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Go to the news section on the movie site, and download the 100 MB making off (GULP!!)

They show much more skydiving, including a couple of landings under a nice big ol' parachute....don't know if those where movie scenes of 'behind' the scenes shots..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Saw the flick tonight. One word review: Mediocre.

The jumpers in the movie were wearing camera suits, standard sport rigs, and fullface helmets (possibly Z1s). It had the Hollywood standard 2 minute freefall from five grand. I couldn't tell if any of the skydiving sequence was shot in freefall, or if it was all special effects. My friends dragged me out before I could watch the creds for a Freefall Photography credit.

The movie sucked pretty bad. But it did have the Point Break 2-minute from 5k gravitational pull. Also, I think the ground computers which were tracking the skydivers was registering 250+ mph or something. I can't remember, (because by that time my friend and I who also jumps were becoming ill), but I think they were opening at a hundred feet or something, so that should explain the 2 minutes of freefall...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

There are several stunt people in the credits listed as skydivers and freefall phtographers so my guess is that at least a small portion of it was actual skydiving. I can't say I recognised any of the names though.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver