Zennie

What Do You Do For Fun?

OK this is a really, really basic question.
But what do experienced wingsuit fliers do for "fun"? RW folks go bigger or crank more & more complex points. Freefliers start doing funky maneuvers at close range.
What do wingsuit fliers do to keep things interesting and push the envelope? I know you do flocking dives. I presume there are docks. Anything else?
This isn't a loaded question or anything, I'm genuinely curious and there aren't many wingsuit fliers to talk to about that kind of thing.
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

Welcome to the forums Yuri!
I look forward to your posts. We get some BASE questions from time to time as well.
And I don't think I'll be doing the wingsuit-BASE thing anytime soon. I gotta get halfway competent doing it out of an airplane first. ;)
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

Man, I am REALLY into zooming up, over, and around my buddies. Taking docks, doing barrel rolls, all with your buddies. You can easilly holler over at your friends in freefall, kind of like talking to your tandem passenders. It's just too damn cool.
I am not a BASE guy at all, but the shit that Yuri and those guys are doing is awesome. Minute freefalls off of cliffs! That is fantastic.
Chuck
My webpage HERE

there are so many things we are playing with these days. covering maximum distance, extending flight times (I heard Yuri recently broke 3 minutes from normal altitude), finding and flying thermals, 3D flock dives, multiple docks, flying by open canopies (preplanned), docking on open canopies (definitely preplanned), high altitude jumps giving 4 1/2 minutes of flight, etc. the sport is still very young, and many of us are learning and experimenting with everything and anything. i've done high speed CASA loads where my bird-man suit created so much lift that i flew well above the plane for a few seconds. the possibilities are endless...come join us!
Rob Tonnesen

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" -Anais Nin

Ted, do you have any wing suit fliers down in Spaceland? If not and if your interested, I can hook you up with Todd here at Aggieland, our own DZO and wing suit guy.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I know Levin flies a wingsuit from time to time. he's up at SDH. Zak flies one quite a bit and just sold his suit to Austin Davis, so there are at least a couple there.

IRC, doesn't someone at Skydive dallas do wingsuit instruction?

I'd definitely like to try it, but if things go the way I expect, I'll probably be taking up BASE jumping first. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Hmmmm....can't fly yet, (sigh) but I used to dump high and my ex would buzz me......:P
Not enough jumps yet.:(
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."