blacklabjumper

Interested in getting into CRW

Hello everyone! My name is Tom (everybody at my DZ calls me Boston Tom) for obvious reasons. Anyways, I was interested in getting into doing some CRW this upcoming season. I have a reputation for doing alot of high pulls and low pass hop n pops at my home DZ. So much so that the last free fly jump I made from altitude several people on the load commented about me being in the plane at altitude. I have done some flying close in with a buddy of mine. We will touch end cells or fly boxes around each other using the harness and the steering lines to make the moves. I have experienced a canopy collision (not of my doing) I was flown into. I also have had a very hard opening the broke a sterring line and tore several other lines away from the canopy. I was put into a violent spin and I initiated my EPs and land on the DZ under a beautiful reserve.
With all that being said it is my intent to enter into this new discipline with the utmost care and professionalism. I have read the Learning CRW thread and heeding the advice given in that thread. I want to get the proper instruction using the proper gear and taking the correct approach to be safe and successful doing CRW jumps. I have no intention of being "that guy". In no way do I want to endanger myself or others around me becuase of improper training or behavior on my part. The best part of any jump is landing and being able to talk about the jump. I am not going into this niave about the risks but the fact is I love flying my canopy and I want to take it to the next level and fly with other people and a safe and enjoyable way.
So, that leads me to the question of where can I go to learn CRW and does anyone know of a pup camp in the future. I do not even consider myself a pup. i am still in the womb and I need a good doctor to bring out into this new world then I will be a pup. I live in Virginia and there are no CRW guys at my DZ. I was thinking if I start doing it I can probably get a few more people interested. I never have a problem finding people to go out and do high pulls with me. especially in the middle of July in Virginia.
i have read the SIM a couple of times now. I am just looking to be pointed in the right direction. So if anyone would be so kind, please point. Thanks for taking the time to read this and as always any advise is greatly appreciated.

Blue Skies
Boston Tom
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

If you attend any of the Mike Lewis seminars or boogies - usually in Florida but all over the world at times - you will be guaranteed to get the safest and best learning environment for CRW offered anywhere. Mike is one of the most experienced CRWdawgs in the world, and an excellent teacher. Safety is always top of his list, and he carefully debriefs each jump with video to help you learn.
Highly recommended. The boogies are always well attended, so you'll be on big ways before you know it.
What could possibly go wrong?