cpoxon

Birddogging

This post has developed in the wingsuit forum, i have also posted some footage on skydivingmovies.com of a camerman in freefall buzzing a rotation jump (former uk rotation team) in clewiston circa 1995 courtesy of my team cameraman PD Smith.

enjoy
plastic

We were doing a two week training camp in Florida and towards the end we got to know the local camera flyer and visa versa.
We spent about 2 hours briefing the dive, on the one rest day we gave ourselves and tried it out three times if my memory serves, taking it at first very cautiously, over 150 feet between us down to the last one about 30 feet. Close enough to read the logo's on the AR 7s we were jumping. The important thing was that the stack didn't go off heading. Concentrates the mind if you know what I mean.
Spotty Bowles had my footage, whether he still has I don't know.

But the whole thing was very well planed with all the what if's preplanned so that everyone knew what to do.

Bob died practicing somersaut's off a pillon not long after. A real loss, he was a a great guy and jumper.

PD