GravityAddicts

Kurupee freefly jumpsuits?

Does anyone knows anything about this company and its jumpsuits? I found their website doing a search and it looks great, but I don't know anyone who jumps them. [:/]

Are they good quality. . . they are really cheap and they look good.

Any information I will appreciated or any recommendations on a FF jumpsuit.

I am 6'2 and 190lbs I like the jumpsuit really baggy and slow, with cool B| designs available. Good customer service a must. recommendations?

Thanks a lot

Blue Skies

Gravity Addict #1

"There is a whole new perspective of the world . . . up side down! :ph34r:"B|

<------------>
Gravity Addict #3; Hispa #9

All I can say is WOW

They are very good - workmanship is excellent. I got the comet chaser design on FF pants with black legs and red and yellow flames. Looks sweet. The stitching is very good quality and I dont expect any problems. The material is a heavy poly-cotton the same as Symbiosis suits use on their FF suits.

Theres a good, thick, double fastening velcro on the ancles and the waist band is double poppered and quick-snap closed. Theres a STRONG velcro fly and a velcro pocket on the right thigh. This pocket could do with a tab or somthing on the velcro as its very difficult to open (cool for FF but a pain on the flight line for tickets).

I love the trousers and will be ordering a full suit off em too. My two skydiver housemates are gonna place orders as is another mate in the club. Instant popularity.

I was very impressed with the 3 WEEK WAIT!!! Thats from order to landing on my doorstep (took about 2.5 weeks!!)

Low low price, quick turn arround, good workmanship and quality.

oh yeah - im 190lb and 6'2" so wanted something slow. The pants are not the baggiest I've seen, but then I have friends who dont like their pants cos they're so baggy they make sit/stand very hard to hold.

people with more exp than me have told me the bagginess is about right. Just specify to them if you want them baggier than usual, but I would go with their standard design

On a 1 - 10 scale of bagginess theyre an 8.

:S I bought one this spring, I've put around 60 jumps on it now. It took only 6 weeks to get it, which is nice.
The fit was nice until I washed it, it shrunk 2" and the colours lost a bit of the luster.:S
The pricing is definitley nice.B|
The quality is only so so.. after 60 jumps on it there are three seams coming undone. I think they should use a higher grade thread.
After they saw mine, a couple of guys at my dropzone bought them also.
One got completely wrong colors but good fit?
The other two ripped within 10 jumps.:|
I bought mine as a first jumpsuit, and as I figured i'd probably crash it to pieces anyway I went with a cheap one.

My next suit will probably be russian, theyre even cheaper:D.
You're the driver, not a passenger in life.

not really a great deal of exposure to it but thier customer service seemed to be fine - i got an e-mail within a day of placing the order confirming it and then another when they'd made the pants and were ready to ship. These weren't just standard ones either but were personal "hello" type mails.

Well,

I've been waiting over 3.5 weeks so far and apart from an initial 'we got your order' email, I have'nt heard Jack since.

Their web site and email address has been down for days twice in that time.

Their online web-based tracking of a suit through their processing has not worked for me at anytime in those 3.5 weeks.

I'm hoping the suit arrives soon, though they said in the initial email they would email me a UPS tracking # and like I've said , nothing so far.

No, Not without incident

Apparently theres someone selling russian suits here in Sweden.
A couple of guys from my dz saw one and said it
looked great.
Thing is I think I have to haul my ass up to a
different dropzone to see one/find the girl who sells
them...
I'm lazy...:|
And poor, if I go there I'll have to pay $17 instead of
$10.5 that I pay at my home dz.
You're the driver, not a passenger in life.

Well, i just saw the site today, and at 139 for a standard suit, the decision is not too wrong i think. I've wasted money on worse stuff...:)
But sorry, thats no input either...:S
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I too am in the market for a jumpsuit. I was pretty much sold on the tony FF suit until my DZO bought one of the Kurupee suits. It looks really good and appears to be very well made. He seems to be really happy with it. I did notice that the colors aren't quite as bright as on other suits (they seem kinda muted). But all in all I think they are a really good buy at $139. I will be placing an order for mine as soon as I get my next paycheck.

I also stumbled upon this bueaty while shopping around. Not suggesting this one's for you...it just made me laugh:D

-Sam

Just got my kurupee suit.

I got the flash hunter suit(the $209 fancy model) and man but it looks sweet. I'm gonna be in danger of being labeled a poser strutting around in that thang.

I also had it done in taslan so its lighter than the polycotton.

The fit is good though its a little snug around the crotch.

The hands and legs are double fastened with Velcro providing a very secure, if a little awkward, fastening.

However, I still have to jump it and see how it copes with the wear and tear of regular skydiving.

It took 3 1/2 weeks so thats pretty speedy and the package had urgent stamped all over it so I guess $20 postage in paraguay goes a long way.

I'll stick some pics up when I go jumping with it.

PtL

Just to note, the color scheme was exactly as I ordered

No, Not without incident

My experience with Kurupee has been rather mixed. I ordered a Flash Hunter suit (a $209 model) and three weeks later I got suit in the right colors, nice fit, but not the right model. They sent me one of the simpler styles that cost $139.
I emailed Kurupee and they were very apologetic. They offered to make me the suit I ordered and I could keep the one they made in error. Good customer service, right?
Six weeks later, I get a second shipment from Kurupee. They sent me the same exact suit. Now I have two identical suits - neither of which were the ones I wanted.
Again I emailed Kurupee to explain their error. It's been a full week with no reply from the company and two of my messages have been returned as undeliverable. I'll update this post if they actually get back to me.
To be fair, the suits they sent me look nice, but the first one I received started to have stitching come apart in several places after just 10 jumps.

their web site has been down on and off last week.

Also when I ordered mine, they responded to me using their own personal e-mails as the company one was down. I guess they were having technical problems so bounced back e-mails may not be something to be too worried about.

If they do keep on ignoring you (I would put money on them trying to sort it out as they seem to be good to their customers) I'll let you have the personal e-mail adress so you can bug em direct.

An update on my Kurupee experience. I heard from Eddie from Kurupee this morning and he made another very sincere apology for the second suit arriving wrong. He also made a more than generous offer to make things right (so generous, that I couldn't accept it and told him it was too much).
This is obviously a company that cares about making things right with their customers. In a few weeks, I expect to have the suit I originally ordered. Happy ending courtesy of Kurupee. B|

Cool - sounds like they are really trying to keep people happy, always a good thing.

Overall Im happier ordering from a company who will go overboard with customer service if the do make a mistake than with a company that claims to never make mistakes. We all make mistakes.