boinky

Soft Openings

Not sure exactly what a C182 is, but I'm thinking it's in the Cessna line. And since I have a serious aversion to those, we're gonna' let Wendy win the shortest person competition!! :D

Nina

I think I know where you're confused. You're thinking of both the 180 and the 182 and you can't remember which was the tail dragger and which had the tricycle gear ...right? The 182 was the trike.

Michael

Not sure exactly what a C182 is, but I'm thinking it's in the Cessna line. And since I have a serious aversion to those, we're gonna' let Wendy win the shortest person competition!! :D

Nina

I think I know where you're confused. You're thinking of both the 180 and the 182 and you can't remember which was the tail dragger and which had the tricycle gear ...right? The 182 was the trike.

Michael

Can you say Turbine Baby? I knew you could.:P

Sorry, Nina, couldn't pass it up.

Can you say Turbine Baby? I knew you could.

Sorry, Nina, couldn't pass it up.

Sorry darlin'. I still have no clue what you're talking about. But if you're trying to make fun of me, that's ok...I'll get you back in Moss Point.

Now if you're calling me a spoiled brat...then the shoe fits. There's only person who can get me to jump from a Cessna and I plan to keep it that way.

Can we say claustrophobia? [:/]

Nina
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

How about that, a midget with claustrophobia! LOL

Damn....THAT was COLD, Bill.

That's TWO......

You can't hide out in Sebastian forever, you know.
Nina

Doh! Wasn't thinking there. Actually, we did meet briefly at the world record. I'll bet you can stand in an Otter without stooping. Have a great time in Lake Wales!

I'm happy to report that I DO actually have to stoop in an Otter. ;)

I had the most wonderful learning experience in Lake Wales, not to mention an awesome time, too. CRWdogs have to be the greatest, most caring teachers on the face of the earth. Either that, or they just like to make us "newbie suckwads" look bad when we screw up. :ph34r: Either way, I had a lot of valuable instruction and learned a lot of important big-way lessons. I can't wait to work on them in Moss Point.

By the way, back to the original reason for this thread....soft openings. I had some decent openings from the Otter and a couple of rough ones from the Casa, so perhaps the plane suggestion is a good one. I tried to keep the pack job as tight as possible, but no nose rolling. Kirk also stressed body position, so my semi-success could have something to do with my concentrated attempt at keeping my body upright.

I didn't try the unstowed brakes, as the openings weren't hard enough to warrant. Perhaps down the road.

Nina
Nina