boinky

License Requirements.

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the new updated rules are for license/jump requirements for participating in Record Attempts, Ballunarfest, Demo's etc.?

Thanks,
Nina Tharp
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Nina, shouldn't you have sent this to the List? Or has your e-mail gotten clogged with all the "polite" banter issuing back and froth?;) On the serious side, I can't comment on the WR or Ballunarfest, but demos are governed by the landing area dimensions. Some you'll need a PRO rating, others you'll need a C or D. Others will be nothing more than an off-airport landing. It'll be up to the S&TA from the DZ (or the pilot who's ticket might get pulled if something goes wrong.) At my DZ we require a C ticket for intentional off-DZ landings.

Nina, shouldn't you have sent this to the List?

Well, I wouldn't have wanted to clutter it with non CRW stuff, you know. :)

I'm thinking that you've just managed to confuse me even worse, though. Of course, that probably doesn't take much.

Nina
Nina

Nina, shouldn't you have sent this to the List? Or has your e-mail gotten clogged with all the "polite" banter issuing back and froth?;).

Well, Chuck, perhaps you don't realize how deeply offensie the CRW Elite have been to those who believe CRW (not CF!) should be about smiles and laughter and irreverency.

The Children of a Lesser Dog (aka the Dirty Dozen) have subscribed to the 'chat' list where everything CRW related (i.e. life) is discussed. If anyone wants to join the bonfire send wendy and email and she will put you on the crwchat list (she provided a majordomo command to do this but I don't seem to quite get the hang of that majordomo stuff).

Nina, I should have provided you an answer more quickly. (Well, better better to copulate than never).

I have no idea what the requirements are. ;)

Michael
DD-1

I must admit that a major appeal of CRW was always the camaraderie and dark humor of its participants. One of my proudest days was when Wendy said I was entitled to wear a Them Toadsuckers tee shirt (I'm easily amused).

I understand the need to be disciplined in order to perfect one's flying skills, but I'm in full agreement that without humor the sport loses most of its appeal.

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the new updated rules are for license/jump requirements for participating in Record Attempts, Ballunarfest, Demo's etc.?

Thanks,
Nina Tharp

I don't think it's a strict requirement for Record Attempts, but for most demos, they usually want you to land standing up.

Woo Hoo ! I really crack myself up, sometimes.
:)
kevin k
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

I don't think it's a strict requirement for Record Attempts, but for most demos, they usually want you to land standing up.

Oh, that was SO NOT NICE, Kevin. OK, so obviously you have seen some of my landings and are making a jab B| at them. And here I thought I could trust you...remind me not to let YOU in on any more secrets. I know that that minor obstacle will count me out for now, but with a lot of hard work and practice, it will only be for a little while longer.

By the way Chuck. I too was delighted when Wendy helped me become a TOADSUCKER. I had to get myself a "THEM TOADSUCKERS" t-shirt from Tristan before I left Richmond.

Nina
Nina

Well if you only have 160 jumps and are jumping a Lightning 126, you are entitled to a few not-so-graceful landings in my opinion ;)

I jump one too now, same WL, but started with twice the jumps. Jumped a 143 for a bit before that. Every once in a while, the first jump on no-wind weekends mainly, I still - ehm - come in a tad bit harder then planned :|

It's a psyche thing for me I suppose, because the following landings are always fine. Oh well....

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thank you for that little pick me up. I need all the moral support I can get.

In my defense, I have to say that I HAVE come away from landings that my CRW instructor here in Georgia described as "FKF" (Feet, Knees, Face), to at least somewhat acceptable "slide in on my behind" landings.

While these type landings are still not my ultimate goal, the good thing is that I am willing to do whatever I have to do to become better. I recently took some Canopy Control Lessons, thus Kevin's jab at my landings.

I agree with the mental side of it. When I fly the Lightning, I just tend to psyche myself out and screw everything up, much to the frustration of my instructor at times. [:/]

Warm weather will soon be upon us again, and there'll be masses of opportunity to practice, practice, practice. Until then, perhaps I should buy some padding for my rear?

Nina
Nina

I too was delighted when Wendy helped me become a TOADSUCKER. I had to get myself a "THEM TOADSUCKERS" t-shirt from Tristan before I left Richmond.

Nina

You know, it's not official until you participate in the sacred "Shirt Changing" Ceremony. This is a special rite reserved for the new female members, since they are so respected and revered. It is conducted with all ToadSuckers present, and consists of the removal of the old shirt - signifying the casting away of old ways - and donning of the new ToadSucker shirt. Usually there are beverages associated with the ceremony, and a lot of jumping up and down and throwing of undergarments by the participants is encouraged.

This is really necessary to ensure a successful and happy life as a ToadSucker. It will guarantee smooth docks, no wraps, and stand-up landings.

I don't make these rules, you know. These are handed down from the Great ToadSuckers of the dim past. I think Lacey the First (also known as The Great Suckwad) started many of our traditions. It's best to just obey the sacred laws. This sport is dangerous enough without messing with the holy juju. Don't say I didn't warn you...

kevin k
ToadSucker Spiritual Advisor
======================

I have to say that I HAVE come away from landings that my CRW instructor here in Georgia described as "FKF" (Feet, Knees, Face), to at least somewhat acceptable "slide in on my behind" landings.

Yikes, is my general reaction when I see people (except TM's) doing that... I've always put my weight to the front, I've only once ended up on my rear, when my feet slipped on wet grass. Landing on your rear can cause all kinds of back problems, AFAIK.

Anybody here who knows about this stuff??

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Landing on your rear can cause all kinds of back problems

Perhaps I worded it poorly. I don't LAND on my rear. I hit my feet first, then just sort of go into a slide. As I said, not my ultimate goal, but trying to go in the right direction. It sure beats ending up on my face. B|

Nina
Nina

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin....what are we going to do with you?

This is really necessary to ensure a successful and happy life as a ToadSucker. It will guarantee smooth docks, no wraps, and stand-up landings.

Oh right....Sure, and I believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, too! ;) I was born at night, but not LAST NIGHT, you know.

Oh well, if it'll help me have stand up landings, I'll keep an open mind and give it careful consideration, should the opportunity ever present itself. I wouldn't want to upset my "TOADSUCKER Spiritual Advisor." NOT!!!

Kisses to you Kevin, for your persuasive effort. I'm sure all of the male TOADSUCKERS are hoping this is a successful ploy.

Nina
Nina

Hmmm.... I have found that sliding in your landing, on grass of course, really helps avoid a bad tumble. For a couple of months all I could do was slide. However, repeated slides while raising one previously broken ankle can cause some major touche bruises.

Woo Hoo ! I really crack myself up, sometimes.
:)
kevin k

Look at that, Kevin's wing is coming around all the way to the other side of the formation to pluck Nina right out of the formation! Hehehe. You are such a fucking asshole!

So, do we need to arrange our own bedding next month ...or can we all just cuddle with you?

Michael

Perhaps I worded it poorly. I don't LAND on my rear. I hit my feet first, then just sort of go into a slide. As I said, not my ultimate goal, but trying to go in the right direction. It sure beats ending up on my face. B|

Nina

Now who in the hell would want to land like that?

Michael

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin....what are we going to do with you?

Kisses to you Kevin, for your persuasive effort. I'm sure all of the male TOADSUCKERS are hoping this is a successful ploy.

Nina

Ploy!?! Ok, kid, don't say he didn't try and save you.

Michael

Yes, they are holding a big way camp in Lake Wales. You can contact the DZ for more information on it. Debbie is very friendly and helpful.

I don't know which Kevin you are referring to. There were several of them in the formation. But the Kevin who is giving me a hard time about my poor landing skills, WAS on the record.

Nina
Nina

Speaking of Toadsuckers, I hear on the grapevine that they are holding a big way camp or something like that in May....is that true? By the way, is this the same Kevin who was on the 70 way?

Actually, there were 3 Kevins on the 70-way. If we can find another, I'd like to have an all-Kevin Rotation team at next year's Nationals.

Kevin Keenan
San Juan, Puerto Rico
======================

Now Michael, play nice. We're all just having a little innocent fun here. Kevin is no more what you called him than YOU are.

Gee, I don't know, Michael. As I WAS your packer in Lake Wales on the WR, I do seem to recall quite a few wet canopies in the mornings. I guess I learned to land that way from YOU, huh? ;)

Thanks for your defense and honesty Cheryl. I don't want to always land that way, but I did see many CRWdogs land on their toosh last November at the WR.

So, do we need to arrange our own bedding next month ...or can we all just cuddle with you?

Ummm...I'm not sure who you are asking to cuddle with here. But I'm not thinking you are Kevin's type. :ph34r:

Good morning, Kevin.

Nina
Nina

Now Michael, play nice. We're all just having a little innocent fun here. Kevin is no more what you called him than YOU are.

Gee, I don't know, Michael. As I WAS your packer in Lake Wales on the WR, I do seem to recall quite a few wet canopies in the mornings. I guess I learned to land that way from YOU, huh? ;)

Thanks for your defense and honesty Cheryl. I don't want to always land that way, but I did see many CRWdogs land on their toosh last November at the WR.

Ummm...I'm not sure who you are asking to cuddle with here. But I'm not thinking you are Kevin's type. :ph34r:

Kevin???? Why, Kevin is one of the cutest, most adorable and desirable TOADSUCKER in the group. At TOAD boogies there is always spirited competition to cuddle with him.

In all seriousness, I started the slide in landing after rupturing my achilles tendon. I lost a fine but important sense of balance feedback on that leg. A simple mistep on a runout could really fuck it up. Thus my preferred landing technique is to ...s l i d e! Never got a bruise or abrasion (cordura butt and leg pads) They don't look pretty, but they sure are soft ...and I've walked away from every one of them for 7 years now.

Michael

I am truly enjoying the witty repartee on this thread, as obviously many others are (at this moment, 229 views and 23 responses). I reminds me why I enjoy doing CRW and being one of THEM TOADSUCKERS.

Although I am having immense fun, and hope it continues, I can't help but stop and wonder what in the world cuddling with Kevin,:P TOADSUCKER panties:$and my not so good landingsB| have to do with what License Requirements I need to be able to do CRW in other places.

This leads me to think that there are WAY too many bored CRWdogs out there and that you all need to get yourselves (and your Lightning's) down to Zephyrhills this weekend (Jan. 17'th & 18'th) and help me break in MY new Lightning.

Nina Tharp
Nina