pd190

First CrW but needing more....

Howdy!

Usually I hang out in the photo/vid section, but ....
I recently just did start my training doing some CrW. My fist jump was this past weekend (beer was enjoyed by all.) The guy who is training me suggested that I contact some people and get some info about CrW. So here goes with the questions....

Does anyone know where I can download and print a basic CrW information guide?

I've got some CrW gear together, but I'm interested How do people feel about Prodigy canopys? How does everyone feel about doing CrW with non matched canopys? I did mine with a Prodigy 225 he was on a Viper 120??? any feeleings about this???

If you have some time help a new CrW puppy out!!
You can PM if needed!

Avoid Microlines like the plague. Read, memorize and live Wendy's guide. CRW is so much more then just docking...

CRW is a blast, I just need to find more people around here that want to stack.

I've only asked around, but it seems prodigy canopies are only good to stack with other prodigies on the big stuff. Most people on the US big ways are using Lightnings or Triathlons. As for size, that depends on your body weight and what you want to do, if you want to just do casual stuff, most sizes around a 1.0-1.1 wing loading work it seems. The bigger stuff I'm not sure about. The big thing is matching the speeds of the canpoies.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Howdy!

Does anyone know where I can download and print a basic CrW information guide?

Try my website
Wendy's page

I've got some CrW gear together, but I'm interested How do people feel about Prodigy canopys?

They're very rarely used these days. They used to be more popular, but these days Lightnings are the choice of most CRWdogs. For casual CRW, Spectres work quite well as well (though I'd try to get it with dacron lines).

How does everyone feel about doing CrW with non matched canopys? I did mine with a Prodigy 225 he was on a Viper 120??? any feeleings about this???

Non-matched is one thing - this is wacko. I've jumped CRW with my Lightning and everything from Sabres to Manta's. BUt mine's a square. A Viper isn't even vaguely compatible with a Prodigy. You definitely won't learn much in this combination even if you manage to get docked. I'd stick to both on squares until you get more experience.

Hey Adam! Welcome to the dark side! ;)

CReW rocks. Listen to everything your instructors have to say and love every minute of it. You'll learn more about your canopy than you ever imagined.

Mismatched canopies can be cool if things are planned VERY carefully, but it may still fly like shit. 2 stacks are do-able, but it will get hairy when you have a 6 stack made up of various 7 cells, 8 cells, and ellipticals. For the time being, let's not worry about that! :D

You could spend a good evening reading up on the posts and all the links that you'll find in this forum. There is some quality stuff. I think this forum has a pretty small audience on dz.com so any posting/activity is more than welcomed! B|

I don't mind Prodigys - that's what I learned on. If you have someone else to do some good safe learning with who has a Prodigy that'd be my first bet. If nobody else has one i'm sure we'll figure out a way to make it work.

Again, welcome to the dark side!!! :)
woof woof!
b