flipper

CRW..a waste of time?????

no way. look at it this way.. the very least it gets you use to flying close to someone else, even if you dont actually get comfortable with it.
Right now my favorite part if canopy control. I cant get enough of it. A document on another thread is an awesome read. see a couple of posts below. It has a huge educational section, then a test, then the answers. I took it, copied it to word, edited it a bit and printed it out. I went thru it and made notes on the parts i dont understand.. now i can take it to an experienced CRW person and find out the answers.

just my opinion (and i have been refered to as a safety nazi recently) but CRW is one of the best and most educational aspects of skydiving. The majority of deaths/serious injuries occur under canopy.. why not train to handle situations where youre in close proximidy to other jumpers?

http://kel197.tripod.com/skydivefriendsTRIPOD/

It's a great way in order to find out how your canopy flies, and it gets you used to flying in close proximity to other people. Also, should a wrap / entangelment happen under normal conditions, you'll be heads up on what to do.
You shouldn't put a knife in the toaster - but you're an adult now !!! :D