jee

HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR HIPS FORWARD?

Are there any little tricks to think of to help keep your hips forward and head back to keep from backsliding in a sit? I feel like it's right but when i look at the videos it's obvious my head is forward and my hips are back. i have a pretty good coach but i thought i would ask here for any further thoughts somebody may have

:$:$

I think you have to go mostly with feel, if you feel air hitting you in the face then you're leaning forward. Your lower body should take all the relative wind, keep your arm movement to a minimum, use your legs.
It is hard to describe anything on here with words, your videos should tell you how much do you need to adjust, once you get it done right you will feel the sweet spot, and it is really easy to duplicate. Like riding a bike or riding other things:S.

~Freedom is never free

Are there any little tricks to think of to help keep your hips forward and head back to keep from backsliding in a sit? :$:$

Push your hips forward and mentally think about puckering your ass like you are trying to hold in a fart or turd. Hips forward allow you to "stay on top" of your legs and push off of the air rather than get pushed around by the air as is the case with a weak sitting profile. Go to a tunnel if you can. The value gained is tremendous. One of the guys in the world record head down formation set in Chicago last Friday (I am just returning) only had 300 skydives but is a tunnel rat.
Motion = Emotion

if you're looking at any part of your body, you're looking at the wrong thing. you might be able to see your hands in the extreme periphery, but probably not.

think of building a shelf with your upper shoulders and neck. roll your shoulders back a bit at the top, and maybe while thinking of that shelf, think of that pokey bone at the bottom of your sternum being the most forward point of your upper body. chin up!

get in a tunnel!

Say what you mean. Do what you say.