jlau90us

More help with another sit?

I'm pretty new to sit flying, so I'm looking for a bit of advice also. I put a video up of me freeflying with a friend this last weekend and was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind giving me some advice. The movie is at www.skydivingmovies.com and is called "6_-_Calhan_FF_jump_2.wmv". Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry about the camera footage in the beginning [:/].

First, get a better camera flier;) Then, go talk to some of the experienced freefliers there at Mile High. You have two new Nor Cal transplants there (Ryan Brownlow and Bill "MX" Hallisey) Both of which are absolutely bad ass fliers.
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

First, get a better camera flier;) Then, go talk to some of the experienced freefliers there at Mile High. You have two new Nor Cal transplants there (Ryan Brownlow and Bill "MX" Hallisey) Both of which are absolutely bad ass fliers.

Exactly. Get some coaching.

Most of the people here who are going to give you "advice", have fewer jumps than you, and aren't worth listening to. When you add up profile numbers in most of the threads with people giving advice, you typically end up with 500 jumps / 80,000,000 posts.

I know it seems like a lot can be learned from these forums, but listen to these guys... nothing can replace coaching. I have been working on my sitflying, and I gotta say, the experienced (1000 jumps plus) jumpers and coaches have helped me the most. I have read articles, looked at DZ.com, and the best things have been coaching and tunnel time to improve my sit.

Good luck!

And I couldn't tell much from that video... except that the ground was brown. :)
It isn't what it could be, or it what it should be, it is what it is.

And I couldn't tell much from that video... except that the ground was brown. :)

Alright Alright Alright already! Geeeeezzzz, I try a new exit on a sit jump, try to stay w/ my friend who is just discovering sitfly---a jump on which I just happened to be wearing a camera helmet . . . It's like I'm on american idol or something--never intended to be shown to anyone and didn't focus on filming at all! Video from the previous jump has justin in the frame the entire time....it's just he was mostly free-flailing and was too ashamed to post it! :P:D

yes it's true you get what you pay for . .

Just wondering, do you know that the coach comes with you on a coach jump? They talk to you before hand, plan the jump, jump with you, video, and then review the jump with you. It is really a great way to learn a new skill. Good luck!!
It isn't what it could be, or it what it should be, it is what it is.

Man thats the reason I left DZ.com over 4 years ago, the amount of people who put you down is unreal. Jumpin is all about doing what you want. You dont need a coach just do some jumps. At your stage of the game a coach will tell you what you could learn in three jumps in one, If you like jumping why rush it so go do it by yourself. As long as you are aware of where others are its not that big a deal. In my opinion it is ok to be able to figure out how to go up, down, forwards, backwards, turn, flip in both head up and down before getting some coaching in the air as that is all stuff you can figure out asking around, getting a bit filmed getting pointers etc. It is freeflying and as long as you are safe (aware) go for it (with correct kit). Don't listen to these weird ass punk ass bitches saying you should get more jumps before learning to sit its only because they think its hard and only just got it with thousands that they are saying that. Best advice I can give is keep pushing it, trying to do stuff others say you can't just don't put yourself or others in the shit.

Swoop is making sense to me. I'm also new ot the freefly game. I haven't had any true coaching but I jump with some guyz at my DZ who can fly really well. I get pointers and figure somethings out for myself. Watching your videos always helps you by showing your body postion, whether it be good or bad. I don't have the experience to give you any real advice. Just have fun, learn on every jump, and be safe!

GL HF!!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

http://www.myspace.com/jump_land_pack_repeat

I know it seems like a lot can be learned from these forums, but listen to these guys... nothing can replace coaching.

. :)

Gotta totally agree. Once I got off student status, I started focusing on my A license, and now have jumped several times working on various position transitions. Failing most of them. Had a coach go with me on 5 of 6 flights today, and in jump 1, she identified several issues with my posture, jump 2, she had me in significantly better control over my posture, and jump 3, it started to really sink in. Jump 4, I was able to get into position after locking legs with her on exit, and jump 5, I was able to sit reasonably well, although my getting into and out of sit still sucks. Jump 6, I just took what I had learned and practiced it, able to be in sit pretty well from exit on.
She barely charged me more than the jump ticket, plus a bottle of very nice red wine, and she deserved a LOT more than that.
Sheliegh, TX for the awesome day.

Dude, you've got 40 jumps... you've got to learn to walk before you can run...

just keep jumping... use your cadet loan, and make skydives, the folks at Canon and Calhan will glady take that free USAA money...

I recommend trips to Eloy when you 've got long weekends, or holiday leave. You can leave the hill at 5:00PM and make it in time for the first load the next morning.

Lots of jumps in a short period, and good coaching are the key.
"I have no fear of falling, but I hate hitting the ground" -The Badlees