grue

So how do I figure out if I should order an "average" cut on my suit, or "baggy"?

I'm going to be ordering a Firefly suit pretty soon, and the main issue is that I have no idea which cut I should get. I'm about 6'3", 225lbs or so (plus gear). I've only done a bit of freeflying with other people, here's the link to a vid of one of the jumps:

http://spiceweasel.net/grue-benji-mittar.mov

I'm the nerd in the (borrowed) red suit. I'm not sure how much I can slow myself down or speed up, because I'm so new (I think that was my 75th total jump), so I'm hoping the video will give a bit of a help for the more experienced guys. Hell, any tips on my form would be appreciated, too :D

EDIT: Video wasn't finished uploading. Should be ready now.
cavete terrae.

in the end, your growing experience will dictate what cut of suit you want. when i first started freeflying, i bought a pretty baggy bomber freefly suit. it worked just fine but, as i progressed, i realized that i wanted something much less baggy to improve my control range in fine movement.

if i had purchased a tighter suit to start with, the reduced drag might have made it much harder for me to learn the basics. so, i guess my point is that for me, looking back, it was good that i started with a baggier suit with the added drag for large corrections in flight and now it is good that i have a smaller cut so that i'm not fighting with my suit when i'm trying to move just a few feet.

does that make sense?
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

tcnelson is right on. That drag is your friend in the begining. Then as you progress to big way and finess flying, you'll appreciate the form fit.

With your size, I would start off with a baggy cut for Firefly. It will last you a good long time.

By the time you want a trim cut, you'll likely need this one for flying with students, etc.

I vote baggy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!