losty

Matrix Freefly suit ---- any one tried it?

I might jsut have to hit up the matter line next :-P

I would highly recommend them. I ABUSE my suit doing canopy freestyle over land and I'm utterly amazed at how well it's holding up. It is by far the most durable and best made suit I've owned to date.

The team and I's experiences with Matter have been nothing short of great.

If I get to try the Matrix Suit I'll let you know but for now I've only had experience with the Proconcept 2.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I spoke with Matter about the Matrix suit and from what I can fiqure, this is something very interesting and quite unique. Utilizing the lastest fabrics... They have definatly thought about how skydiving is evolving and created this suit for the needs of some of those flyers.

Well, some might say that Sonic and Babylon have definitely thought first and others followed ;):P However, it is very often quite hard to clearly identify the first mover even for an objective spectator...progress is made by building on existing knowledge, in our case obviously some people had a look at RW-suits and how they evolved...

Whatever, both suits will work very well, I am sure, and we do not need a brand war...(personally I can only vouch for my excellent Sonic suit though, haven't flown the Matrix)

--
Eduard

I believe it was Ippo and Alex ( AriA) that came up with the original concept of a advanced performance freefly suit. Sonic made a few prototypes about a years or so ago and after some test jumping and refinement, AriA and the Babylon boys were kitted out with that range of suit.

These suits are custom made for the various flying styles of those guys with comfort and non restrictive performance being paramount.

Matter and other suit manufactures following Ippos concept were also developing a similar range of suits which would have the same high performance edge and would be avalible to the punters.

The Matrix suit was developed for experienced flyers who wanted that bit more comfort and performance. It was put through its paces by Nils of the Funkfyz.

The suits aim is to be totally no restrictive in a wide variety of body positions, hence the reason why Nils was the "test pilot", and to alow the flyer to feel free but to still retain an appropriate amount of drag at the control areas ( Extremities). The slick front allows for fast tracking and also a fast fall rate on the front making it easier for a flyer to interact on the their front with others flyers in faster positions.

As usual Matter have successfully developed, tested and produced another great range of suits for a widening gap in the market. I believe the Matrix suit to be the best freefly suit on the market!

I believe it was Ippo and Alex ( AriA) that came up with the original concept of a advanced performance freefly suit. Sonic made a few prototypes about a years or so ago and after some test jumping and refinement, AriA and the Babylon boys were kitted out with that range of suit.

Are AriA and Babylon the only 2 teams flying those Sonic suits? Is the Sonic version not available to the public?

I dont Know.

I would assume that you can get one from Sonic, I wouldnt believe that they would go to all the trouble of building and developing that range and then not sell them to the general public. Check their website out maybe they go some details on there?

Personally I would go with Matter and get a Matrix suit but thats just me.

Have a nice day:)

Well, I am flying a Sonic suit now, and I am sure it is exactly the suit (apart from design) that Babylon is flying now. In case of coubt I would just ask Vincent from Sonic, he will be happy to help I am sure. Feel in flight, quality and craftmanship are excellent.

www.sonicflywear.com

--
Eduard

well actually no,

matter has just copied the ourgan design and is marketing it is europe for a pretty simular cost

the same thing they did with their current wing suit design that they are being sued by solomon for

---

and Cedric Dumont(Matter owner) has been caught before putting positive reviews about his products under various alibi's

---
naughty man

ok guys, im here in Ampuria for a few months and heres what i have too say. There are both negative and positive posts here, heres my 2cents worth.

i got my new Matrix suit last week, and oh man does it cut up the competition. The service was just fantastic, first i got the full ho hog from the manager at Matter ( Andy ). After viewing all the products from Matter I decided to buy the Matrix. I was measured up and payed up and recieved my suit quit quickly ( 3 weeks ). The fit was very good. My experience with Matter was outstanding and very informative...

I am doing some FFcoaching, and the coaches all have sonic suits. Although my Matrix has the flying advantages allowing me to go super smooth and fast, the coaches still whip my ass in the sky. This only proves that the suit doesnt make you a better flyer, it just enhances the transition to that status and helps you make it more easier. Like any tool, its only as good as its operator...

If you try this suit, you wont be disapointed ..........

I am still undecided which wingsuit to buy, I have spoken with both companies here, and each suit is unique, I posed the question of who copied who, and it doesnt seem to be the case at all here in Ampuria. The market seems to have the Birdman suit, but I am seeing more and more of louics and cedrics suit, so i will have to decide between them both.

Bagwarrior
Client Scare

Hi! I'm new in the sport (about 130 jumps) and going to order my first freefly suit soon. I've been jumping with a pants+jacket combo and its not working the way I like it. Would it be stupid to buy the matrix now considering my lack of experience? Or should I just buy the normal pro concept? Since the suits are pretty expensive I'd like to have a suit thats very durable and good for freefly. What do u guys think?