Chapsta

headup dock: 2 hands

I was hoping somene might like to chat about this...

I've had some success with taking a squared-off single hand dock and sort of turning in to the other hand dock and flying it. Getting there to the two hand dock from a one hand dock isn't the hard part...it's flying it once you get it! I'm certainly not graceful at it, but I'm (slowly) improving. Once in the dock I sort-of lean back a little and arch the top of my chest.

My question is how to take the dock with both hands simultaneously. Leaning back to fly it works well once you're in the dock... but I can't fly that position in to actually take the dock.

Ya been there?

chaps
Carpe diem

Good luck! I've only been able to put both my hands out in front of me by flying on my knees with a WIDE stance. Not really sit flying, and not really comfortable, but hey, it worked for a little bit...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Good luck! I've only been able to put both my hands out in front of me by flying on my knees with a WIDE stance. Not really sit flying, and not really comfortable, but hey, it worked for a little bit...

Head up flying is the criteria, not "sit"

In order to take upright docks such as this one, your legs may have to approach knee flying. The more you need to free up your arms for docks, the more you have to pick up the slack with your legs.

Requiring head up formations to be "sit" or "stand" is equivalent to requiring that everyone fly daffy in a head down formation.

Yes, the key is to lean back as far as possible. This will allow you to move forward and drill the other flyer ensuring positive contact...haha.

This was my plan for when we worked on it Chappy but since you can't wait....

-Both ppl sit fly.
-Top person base. Dock will be on the feet.
-Lower person establish relativity and levels so that the top person's feet are at shoulder level and close. Your arms will be bent about 90 degrees not straight out when you go for the dock.
-As you begin to reach forward with both hands, flare out your lower legs.
-Do not try to dock and fly. Just practice touching both feet with your hands at the same time and then back to neutral. As you find the leg position that works for you, the dock will get easier and you can begin to actually take the dock and then begin to start learning to fly it.

Now go back to visualizing the camera angle for the VRW stuff! Stop wasting time!

D.J.

This is one of the docks that I have been working on recently as is it one of the compulsory docks for the nationals.

The key to this and in fact any head up docking is your arm position. You see plenty of people flying with their arms straight out, to the side or slightly back (although if they are behind you then your upper body position needs sorting out) and with their arms in this position it makes it very hard to reach forward for docks.

So you need to learn to fly with your elbows, and by this I mean you have your arms straight out to the sides, and you bend your elbow 90ish so that that your lower arms are facing forwards. It doesn’t actually take long to get used to this position and once you have then taking docks is simple as your hands are right there in front of you.

The way to learn to double leg dock, is first take one grip then the other, do this a few times and once you are comfortable with the position then you can start taking both grips simultaneously.
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+