tdog

Freefly Jumpsuit Options

In reply to 'These teams won lots of very shinny medals in most of the world competitions this last year, if not all of them so'

Don't forget that this team won most of their world titles wearing Matter suits, they just didn't become world campions by changing suits.

I own 3 suits from Matter and so far,one being a Matrix suit and the service has been to my satisfaction and i have never had to return any suit for alteration.

But i guess you will never find a 100% customer satisfaction from any company, especially a custom made product.

Don't forget that this team won most of their world titles wearing Matter suits, they just didn't become world campions by changing suits.

I own 3 suits from Matter and so far,one being a Matrix suit and the service has been to my satisfaction and i have never had to return any suit for alteration.

I did include Matter AND Boogie Man... In my mind it's mainly about the fabric chosen. and that fabric seems to be comon to all 3 companies. It alows them to make tighter fits with more drag in precisely the right places...
I heard (through the grape vine) that Sonic was created from the more quality driven creators of Matter...

I don't know anything about Matrix, where are they built? do they have a website?

But i guess you will never find a 100% customer satisfaction from any company, especially a custom made product.

I feel that way too.

I don't know anything about Matrix, where are they built? do they have a website?

I feel that way too.

specially when a suit is very inspired by a product develloped by your neighbours...

I love my Sonic.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I feel that way too.

specially when a suit is very inspired by a product develloped by your neighbours...

I love my Sonic.

Looks like this thread is dead...
It's full of people seriously biased, and promoting "their" brand. So far we have the Ouragan people, the Matter people and you and I that seem to like Sonic... except I don't get my stuff for free.

Maybe a better thread would be for people to give us their views on why one should NOT get this or that suit.

edited to add: btw, I would not mind some free Ouragan or Matter... they too make good stuff! ;)

Looks like this thread is dead...
It's full of people seriously biased, and promoting "their" brand. So far we have the Ouragan people, the Matter people and you and I that seem to like Sonic... except I don't get my stuff for free.

Maybe a better thread would be for people to give us their views on why one should NOT get this or that suit.

edited to add: btw, I would not mind some free Ouragan or Matter... they too make good stuff! ;)

I'll throw in another vote for Sonic. I have a 2 piece Sonic freefly suit that I'm terribly pleased about. Heavy material for drag without all the flapping, and the quality of the stitching is excellent. There are quite a number of people here in the Netherlands using these suits.

The only downside to it was the delivery time, which was a lot longer than advertised (6 weeks instead of 3-4), but apparently Vincent (owner of Sonic) was working on his wingsuit flight across the Straight of Gibraltar flight at the same time, so it's kind of understandable. It was worth the wait anyways.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

[you and I that seem to like Sonic... except I don't get my stuff for free.

I got the pockets for free on mine... Does that mean I'm kinda sponsored ?? :)
YEEEE-HAAAAW I'm a sponsored skydiver...

Next step be a skygod :D

I don't know the Ouragan suits, but yes, Matter also does nice suits. BoogieMan too.

Edited for some correction : apparently the Matrix was a complete development by Matter and a couple of jumpers. And that it was not inspired by other manufacturers.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hello,

I own a Boogie-man suit and a Sonic suit. I also jumped a lot a borrowed Bomber freefly suit.

All three suits were / are excellent quality, so this would not be the deciding criterion for me.

The Boogie-man suit is traditional style (heavy cotton, baggy arms and legs) and is simply very very nice / pretty. You have a lot of choices for a personalized look of your suit. I can highly recommend their suit.

The Sonic suit seems to me to represent the future of freefly. It is a "technical" suit for the "technical flying style" of the future (being very precise, quick etc. instead of just zoo-diving). As it is intended to be a technical tool it is less about cool looking, thus less design choices (would also become extremely expensive otherwise as well). I am not interested too much in design, so no problem here.

As mentioned by others before - making the suit less baggy overall, put on drag (power to steer and brake) only where needed (i.e. end of arms and legs), make the rest of the suit slick - that was for me a totally new feeling. The flying with this suit is just awesome, no matter whether tracking, headdown etc.. I totally prefer the slick and clean feeling of the Sonic suit to the feeling of my other baggier suit.

Does this mean you become a better flyer only with the Sonic suit? No. Does this mean you cannot fly well with traditional style suits? No. But I would choose the new technology. US manufacturers will follow someday, I think.

Regarding Sonic vs Matter: No one from the outside will know for sure what happened really, I would reckon. Both Sonic and Matter make very high quality products from what I see and hear, and both suits represent the new technology. To me it seems that Sonic together with Babylon was the original inventor of the "new" style. I like Babylon, so it feels nice to fly a suit that was inspired by them. But the Matrix suit surely works excellent as well from what I hear, and as we do not have any patents on suits yet no one will know for sure who really had the first idea B|. So, no need for "brand wars".

--
Eduard

Sweet. I didnt know Syraya started freeflying! Is her fall rate fast or slow? Mine is pretty slow, and everyone who has been coaching me told me its better to get some more jumps and work on my fall rate controll before I order pants. It sucks cuz I really want some so I can look like a cool freeflyer :P (jk) But I guess I should listen to the Pro's, since they know what they're talking about!! But when I do order pants, I'll probably get Firefly. Everyone says they are really great and really durable, plus they have really good prices, and have a good look to them. I really want an Ouragan suit one day too cuz they look awesome, but I personally couldnt justify spending that much money on my first suit :S. Not like I have the money anyway lol! But one day when I am a badass or on a team or something, I would absolutely love to have one made for me, when I know more of what I need out of a suit! Then I'll spend the money!
I'd like to see hers when it comes in, I'm sure it looks cool!

my body, my choice

just to let you fahsionflyers know about a new suit manufacturer from slovenia: http://www.specsuit.com

my team has this suits for a year now, and we are really sattisfied with them... and the best thing is the on-line suit designer!! hehe, i usually can't stop play with it :P:D

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

I have owned all of the following brands:
- Bev: OK for flat flying but who wants to do that anyway. I left it somewhereI don't remember.
- Zute Sute: great costumer service, decent fabric but somehow are too baggy and takes several iterations to get it right. Sold one and still use a second one (pictured) but I hate the drag in the arms.
- Kurupee: cheap but bad quality. lots of unwanted drag even with the slim version. the fabric was horrible. I sold it for 50 bucks.
- Da Kine Rags. Chuck is the most laid back and coolest human being but his quality is not the best. He never got the suite measured right and ruined it after 3 times shipping from/to Hawaii. Overpriced. I still have this suite for people to borrow. Maybe I will soon wash my car with it. Too much drag.
- Tony Suit. Decent fabric. I still use my tony ff pants for hop and pops. Excessive drag.
- OURAGAN. Nancy rocks. She is the first one in the industry that knows how to make a ff suit with no drag. Designs are awesome. Perfect fit that makes me fly better without all the drag. I paid 650 bucks and waited 4 months and it was worth it.

- Bev: OK for flat flying but who wants to do that anyway. I left it somewhereI don't remember.

he he he

Do you still have that suit, because "flat flying" is still my discipline of choice... Something about nailing the accuracy of 4way...:P

But, I think the jury has a verdict... Ouragan for my freefly needs...

This thread has been interesting... About once a week someone posts a recommendation for their favorite...

Well, I am not one to follow the "trend", because if I was, I would have for sure gone with Ouragon because I know a lot of people with their suits... I have seen their suits first hand, and they are great.

I opted to go with Liquid Sky. (http://www.liquidskysports.com) The suit came and it is awesome. Great workmanship. Great price. I am going to be proud to wear it. Julio worked his butt off to get it done by Christmas and gave me a special deal on the order...

There was one measurement that just did not come out the way I wanted... I contacted Julio and offered to have it altered locally if he would just send a chunk of fabric. He begged for me to ship it back so he could make it perfect for me... He asked for detailed photos and for me to double check my measurements so he could tweak it just right...

I am impressed... My first skydiving gear purchase where truly the customer was put first... And the quality is top notch... I would highly recommend...

Travis

YEA !
Great choice, LiquidSky rocks...

Im all about supporting the local industry (im in PR), and Im glad you are a satisfied customer.

Way to go Julio and Christie !!!

Im ordering my freefly pants soon....
HISPA #93
DS #419.5