rhys

head up/ feet first atmonauti

unnecessary new terminology for pre-existing activities just so you can claim "revolution" and pretend you invented something...

I've Been on a lot of "skilled tracker" dives. With the Flyboyz, Alchemey, Omar,some people who base and a huge host of others . Sometimes flat and straight sometimes loose for big groups and the occasional "combat" track...... "tag you are it" kind of stuff. Never seen exactly this until Marco and Gi showed us. But I've never been to Mars or Venus.

Are you sure you are not confusing the display of painfully poor body position during what should have been a track that just results in a steep descent with the still shots of the infamous atmonauti position?

Are you sure you are not confusing the display of painfully poor body position during what should have been a track that just results in a steep descent with the still shots of the infamous atmonauti position?

i guess if the entire dive was displaying what you refer to as 'painfully poor body position' then that might be considered accurate, of course a good tracker uses whatever body position is necessary/interesting to keep them relative to the rabbit it's only 'poor body position' if you fall out of the dive....

i was shown the 'the atmonauti position' (TM) loong before i ever heard the term as a good method to stay relative in a slow moving track...of course it was referred to as 'crabbing' and generally meant you were letting the rabbit know "i'm not working at all here....pick it up bitch..." adding a steep dive simply makes it easier to fly that position at higher speeds and opens up available airspace by keeping the burble smaller relative to the direction of travel...

"hey we are going on a really steep tracking dive! but we are all going to use painfully poor body position to stay together..." :D

no doubt they are pushing the envelope for what has and can be done as a 'flock' (another perfectly descriptive term that you can easily interchange..all without the silly TM) but beyond illustrating what superior flight skills can accomplish together i STILL dont see it as a 'revolution' or invention', it is simply the progression made available by the continual development of skydiving skills...

"maybe we should 'invent' a sub discipline for 3 freestylists? we'll all wear cameras and include multiple docks and formations, but '3way freestyle' or 'freefly' arent cool enough words and we cant pretend its 'our invention'... we need a NEW term"...:S

Ease up Zenister!! Have you ever jumped with them or met them?

They ain't trade marking anything or trying to make some stuff people have done before sound like they discovered it.

As with most generic terms, the term atmonauti has evolved to describe the type of jump.
I agree that the belly position looks and is indeed a little similar to a crab position.
However it is not meant to be a static position to let the back flyers know to 'crank it up'.

They are trying to start with some basic jump briefs, generate some skill level and move on from there. I think it is cool that they have a project in their heads and are starting the skills at an accessible point before moving on form there.

I totally agree that good trackers / flyers can do atmonauti. But like anything you have to train at it Which they do alot, producing some fantastic jumps.

The name for the jump just helps with the association of what actually is going on.

As you mentioned, they are concentrating on one aspect of flying and developing the skills of a lot of people and themselves in the process. Which is cool. Train hard to raise the level. Cool.

If you get the chance you should jump with them and talk to them. Gi is bad ass.

Back sliding head up / flocking is alot different to what she is doing and the positions she holds. They fly so stuff which is really difficult and pretty cool.

The original thread was about feet first head up atmonauti, which she does belly up, a super fast head up position or tracking feet first facing the sky. That is super hard, and is pretty cool to see.

Don't get me wrong, I am for total freefly, being able to get where I want and when I want. You shouldn't be so sceptical with Marco and Gi and what they are doing, it is a positive thing for freefly and definitely not a self worship thing.

I was on a dive this weekend where Mike Wittenburg of Loki was flying head up atmonauti. Pretty sweet! I was all over the place.:P

Was that at Chicago? I also went on a dive with Mike when he did that, it was pretty badass!! B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

i was shown the 'the atmonauti position' (TM) loong before i ever heard the term as a good method to stay relative in a slow moving track...of course it was referred to as 'crabbing' and generally meant you were letting the rabbit know "i'm not working at all here....pick it up bitch...

I'm curious as to whom introduced you to the Crab position and the thought that it may have been someone who had been on some pre- evolution- of the atmonauti. Your DZ is one of many that world wide flockers frequent .

I personally don't care what its called but I wouldn't be fond of the term crab-mo-naughty being used instead and crabbing just means something else entirely to me.