Jumpmunki

Jumpmunki's Sitfly Progression !

http://www.aspp82.dsl.pipex.com/coachsit.wmv

is the video of my 184th jump with
Jim Harris Of Space Freefly Team behind the camera

this is my 30th or so sitfly jump and i have been struggling to keep my back straight and my legs still lol

feedback welcome!

still can't figure out clickable links on this place it's driving me nuts

Go beyond the sitfly. On a solo jump, go ahead and push your feet all the way down to a stand and fly that for a bit. This will help you learn about using enough leg pressure to maintain a good position. I was able to maintain a good stand before I was able to keep my legs at the proper 90 degree position for a sit. There's also nothing wrong with looking down and checking to see if you have your legs pushed down far enough. If not, push harder!
D.J.

My .02 drop the suit wear tights with a draggy long sleeve/sweatshirt. Don't worry about coach jumps right now concentrate on getting your body position worked out. Then do some coach jumps.

you'll notice that on the first half of the hill your body position is pretty good(we'll skip relative wind direction for now), but you start to ball up for the rest of the dive (you were actually butt flying a lot of it especially the 360's). When you first start sit flying you have to think of it as a fight. Physics is trying to push you into an equilibrium state, which is on your ass or belly. Your mission is to kick physics ass and have control. The best way to do this in a sit is to fly "BIG". Upper body imagine your sitting in a chair oh you are ;). Now sit up straight arching your lower back a little and poking out your chest. This really helps with keeping your hips down. You know where your legs are supposed to be just do solo's until it's not a fight to keep them there. Then do some coach jumps. My anology for the above is snow skiing and slalom water skiing. In both the tendency when you start is to bend at the waist, which leaves you with the least control but feels more stable. In snow skiing you actually need to be leaning foreward to have the most control, but what's the position people take naturally? leaning back on their butt which equals very little control. Water skiing is the opposite control comes from leaning back from the waist up. Most people bend foreward from the waist when they start.

IMHO coach jumps won't help till you fix body position and it's real hard to concentrate on your legs and pay attention to a coach at the same time in the beggining . Usually you'll tend to go to your most comfortable postion, which is the opposite of what your trying to do right now.

i did another 5 coached jumps this weekend and my sit has come on a treat, it's going to be solos for a while now till i can afford more coachin lol, taking on board the posture vibe big time and actually sitting at work like i have a pole up my ass lol

cheers for the feedback peeps,

if you look at what i was like on my 100th jump video i think it's an improvement lol