scottbre

Atmonauti = Tracking Relative Work

Try it in Eloy, I believe that all of their FF LOs have been exposed to it. Some I'm sure excel at it.

I'm no going to Eloy. Actually, I haven't really been skydiving at all (maybe 5 jumps max & only 15 minutes of tunnel) since Memorial Day Boogie 7 months ago. (A few days later, I broke my ankle.) I have had other health issues (including a recent surgery), so I'm not flying until maybe late Jan/February. I will have to wait to experiment with Atmonauti.

Was this LO lil Dave?

Probably not...it was a while ago, and a slow weekday, when there were no RW people at all. A FF LO was helping those of us who were there, expert FFers (with 1000's of skydives +) and myself with no FF experience and 70 jumps...hehe. He was really encouraging, though, when he was flying with me, and he greatly complimented my hybrid and tracking dives. I don't think that he LOs there anymore, and I am unsure if he was showing me this or not. I was/am newbie.

[It was smart not to do it at 70 jumps unless you've done some FF HD. But now that you've been to FF tunnel camp it would be a good thing to try.

Are you sure? I didn't learn headdown at all in the FF tunnel camp last winter. I had NO FF experience going into the FF tunnel camp, but I got at most 1.5 hrs. of tunnel time from my camp. During that time, I learned to backfly (easy for me and sooo much fun), to sit, to take grips, to do L & R turns, to do flips and to do forward/ backward/sideways/up/down movement... NOT that I was amazingly good at any of that stuff, except for the back flying. I have not freeflown at all since. Anyway, I was wondering how on earth the sitflying translates to Atmonauti? That just doesn't make any sense to me. Please explain further.

Also, if this is truly so much like headdown, then I cannot try this, yet. My rig is not suitable on my body at all (too big everywhere, loose leg straps even with bungy, huge lateral strap, etc, which causes it to move around easily) for FFing. If this is something that is not recommended because of my rig, then I will wait until I have a proper rig.

Some people believe that this is the future of FF. Free fly as we know it now is going the way of RW with competion points and bigways. Hybrids and stuff done on a tangent or vector will take the place of the new.

I sure hope so because then I would become MUCH more interested in FF. This is all so exciting for the sport! Until that gets much more prevalent, I will probably continue with mostly with RW 4-way, which with I am sooo in love. However, I am VERY interested in exploring more areas in unique ways of body flight! B|

Anyway, I was wondering how on earth the sitflying translates to Atmonauti? That just doesn't make any sense to me. Please explain further.

You misunderstand, sit flying has nothing to do with atmonuati. Well unless you are Gi, then you can fly it in a de-arched stand... feet first. Head down has more things in common with the atmonauti but in atmonauti you are not traveling at 180 mph like you are in a true HD. And until you are well versed in it, it is mostly a two dimensional on you back or facing down type of flight. The true atmonaut can fly in any body position forming rounds and banking their posture relative to the horizon. I shot video of some nice rounds and point turning atmonauts but for the most part the bulk was just front fly and a back fly two tier formation. This is one reason why everybody just lumps it in with tracking. Of course if I posted screen grabs of the rounds everyone would say HD until it was refenced with the horizon.

atmonaut .

rotflmao...:D

It does sound funny and is hard for some gringos to say so we are going to start an ..other...other sub discipline of it and call it Nauti dolphine. And just like the appeal of the horny gorilla, intrigued jumpers will just have to investigate for them selves "what is this dive that lets you be naughty"? Lets play.

Does anyone teach or practice Atmonauti in the US?

It goes on all the time at Perris, and I've been on dives like that for the past two years at my old home DZ, SkyDance.

Well, is this something that I should wait to try until I have a rig that fits better? (Mine is not OK for me to freefly in.) I am in no hurry at all. Also, do I need to be able to freefly first? If not, since I always fly RW loads at Perris, who does Atmonauti loads? Like I said, I am in no hurry to do it, just curious.