silvere

help make old racer freefly friendly

if so i think i saw it, that was LOW. how long was the canopy ride?
30, 40 seconds???:D;)

Shit dude, I've seen video of a 7 second canopy ride. :P And I'd say 7 was pushing it, more like 6-6 1/2... :S

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

yeah it was late october. Dusty was teaching me to sit and I was using this racer for the first time. my boc didn't come arrive in time for me to convert it. my jumpsuit has handles and he said it would be hard learning to sit with them on there so I should just jump in my sweatshirt. we were making jump after jump and I was having a girl pack it. she packed the pull out way too tight. I tried to pull and it wouldn't come out...tried it three times then went for my reserve. my sweatshirt flew up and I couldn't find my handle. I totally forgot that I had a cypres and thought I was going to die. I thought even if I pulled I was too low. anyway I finally found it and pulled. don't know how long the ride was...it was quick though I was going downwind and didn't have time to turn around. after I landed I found out that my cypres blew, so I must have been just above 750ft. when I landed I said "I'm never jumping again" by the time Dusty picked me up I said "I'm never jumping that rig again" :P then got back on the horse and jumped the next day. one heck of an experience.

I'm going to go ahead and send it into NightJumper
and have him mod it. and I'll get a g3 sometime mid summer.

here's the materials you will need to fix that old racer.
1. Lighter fluid or appropriate flammable liquid.
2. 1 match

Combine number 1 with the rig. Add number 2.
That is the only way to make that rig freefly "safe."

Otherwise leave that racer to belly flying.

I'm going to go ahead and send it into NightJumper
and have him mod it.

Glad to hear it. Let us know or better yet,see it when you get it back. I am sure you will be quite happy with it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

well I got looking online and didn't relize that I could pick up a used G3 from 500-800. so I'm going to do some searching before sending the racer in. I need a M4 or maybe a M5. I'm 5'9 and 135lbs. I've looked everywhere and haven't had much luck.

I was wondering if you had a rough guess at what it would cost to do the mods on a racer.?? My vecro is still snug. But was still curious about the converting to tuck tabs? You seem to be "non-bias" against racers, which is why i'm asking you! ;)
Love my racer! The velco does get annoying sometimes tho.
Blue skies!

what it would cost to do the mods on a racer.??

I believe its $100 to have the velcro converted to magnets.

I just got my 11 year old racer 350/350 NOS converted from velcro to magnets and it was very reasonable. 120US labour plus the cost of the magnets so I think it was 136US. The only advice I could give is ask Nancy at JumpShack if you need to send the rig with the reserve packed so that can have a look before they start.

Great!!!! In your opinion do you like the magnets better? How well do they hold up? As opposed to getting new velcro put on every so often?

Thanks!!!!!!!

I didn't mind the velcro and it was cheap to get changed but I think the magnets are more secure and (from others) should not wear out. Of course the advantage of magnets (and velcro) over tuck tabs is well known.

Great!!!! In your opinion do you like the magnets better? How well do they hold up? As opposed to getting new velcro put on every so often?

Thanks!!!!!!!

I didn't mind the velcro and it was cheap to get changed but I think the magnets are more secure and (from others) should not wear out. Of course the advantage of magnets (and velcro) over tuck tabs is well known.

Check here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSVRSIicQDk