redtwiga

My legs are killing me

I did 15 jumps in the past 2 days, about half of which were my we-all-have-to-go-through-that-stage head down practice jumps. I've been working really hard on keeping my legs straight and really wide. I was warned that if I was doing it right I'd probably be taxing muscles I haven't used much before. Only, it's not the side of my legs that hurt, it's the muscles running down the front of my thighs. Maybe it's just doing a bunch of jumps on my not-perfectly-fitting rig, but I've never been sore like this from it before. Never done 9 jumps in a day either. Maybe my body position in head down isn't quite right. Ah well, it's a good pain...

Ah well, it's a good pain...

right on!!! i too enjoy very much this sore feeling after a lots of jumps in a day!!!

i'm going through the same fase as you are right now... learning headdown, not knowing what i'm doing wrong.... each jump is totally new.... mmm.... I WANNA JUMP!!!!

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

Never done 9 jumps in a day either.

This is a significant point. 9 jumps means 9 openings on top of whatever you were doing in the sky.. Even the softest opening canopy has to decelerate you from 120 mph, and then you are hanging in that harness. But if the soreness is specifically in the legs, it's definitely connected to building up the headdown strength.

With more jumps it goes away. Or the pain just becomes part of your life that you get used to.

UPDATE:

I'm happy to announce that after much trial and MUCH error I'm holding heading in a head down position and happily flopping between forward and backward motion, well aware of myself doing it. Even better, THE OUTSIDE OF MY UPPER LEGS WERE SORE AFTER LAST WEEKEND!!! Woohoo! I must be doing something right...

Wicked cool skychica!!! B|

A pro freeflyer once told me that the easiest way to get up strength to fly on your head is go to the gym and do those butterfly thingies. I did that for like 2 weeks and haven't had a problem since. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Hahaha, I know how ya feel!! I'm SOOOOO not a gym person. I think that was the only reason I went for the last three years, and I only did that for like 2 weeks!! B| It sucks, but it works!!!

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.