rapper4mpi

U.S. Nationals Freefly Video...Wow!

I just received my copy of the 2002 U.S. Nationals Freefly video from Tim Wagner at Omniskore. As usual, excellent job. But what caught my interest was the top two teams performances in the freefly open division. Team Alchemy (Gold) and Arizona Free Flight (Silver) have such smooth moves and are quite innovative. The over-unders by Arizona are the best around. However, Alchemy does the traditional over-under with a twist. The aren't facing each other. Plus when they do their dual headdown carves, Mike and Rook aren't facing each other also. Absolutely incredible. These guys are good. Of course, let's not forget the camera people either. The best! I recommend checking the video out if you can.
-Rap
-Rap

I guess I should have been more clear with my last message. Unfortunately the video has to be ordered through omniskore.com for like $25. Which isn't really bad at all, but still not totally availabl to everyone. I don't know of any site that has these jumps posted online. I'll keep my eyes open.
-Rap

I don't know what the VHS looks like, but the DVD has a few problems. First, the compression is high so the quality isn't. Then you don't have the ability to skip through each teams rounds. You either watch the whole section or fast forward like on a tape. If the VHS is higher video quality then I'd go for that one.

Just so you know A LOT of footage is missing. There's only 3 or 4 of the intermediate freefly teams on there, and in the open some of Alchemy is missing and all of Monkey Claw is missing. But these aren't Tim's fault. Suckas just didn't download their video.

Anyway, that might help you if you want to buy it.

Trent
Oh, hello again!

It's actually because of the missing jumps (3 of Alchemy's - including their best round - & all of the Monkey Claw, according to the Omniskore site) that I haven't ordered it yet.

But if Rapper says it's good... now I'm thinking about it. Hopefully they'll have a copy of it at the bar in Z-Hills when I'm there in Jan... get a viewing before I spend the CanEHdian dineros! :S

Cheers,
CanEHdian

Time's flying, and so am I...
(69-way, 108-way and 138/142-way Freefly World Records)

The VHS is pretty good quality. I'd guess most of the footage was shot with Sony's and transferred well onto tape. As for missing footage, yeah, that kind of sucks, but all I really cared about were the top three teams in the open freeflying division. Which is included, except three rounds of Alchemy. Apparently there was some "debate" over Tim getting the footage for free, then turning around and selling the video. I currently have no oppinion on this, nor do I know the whole story.
-Rap