JSE

Altitron

Does anyone have a link to instructions for an altitron altimeter. Got one with my new rig but I can't figure out how the darn thing works.
-Jeff

Sorry, no idea. However I was discouraged from buying the pretty purple Altritron the rigger/shop next door has, because it doesn't have enough contrast.

However the review here on dropzone.com says it has some logging properties, might be interesting...

The PSI page doesn't have y=the information anymore... If you find that manual, lemme know!

All I could find was this:

Lightweight: 3 oz. (80 g)
Easy to read high contrast LCD (the brighter the light, the higher the contrast!)
Easy to set warning altitude on LCD face: 1,500-9,900 ft. (500-3.000 m)
Danger zone signal below preset warning signal @ speed exceeding 100 ft/s (30 m/s)
Operating altitude: 0 to 6.000 m ( 0 to 20.000 ft)
Operating temperature: -25 to +70 °C (-13 to +158 °F)
Self-calibration and self-test
Last jump exit and opening altitudes calculation
Easy to use: set and forget

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Hold both buttons in til lit turns on, hold both till it turns off. you can adjust the blinking bars if you want to but I'd set them as low as possible to keep it from looking like it turned off on you in Freefall. I threw mine away after parts started falling out of mine.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I have one!!!!
I don't have any trouble seeing it during the day...
It's actually more visble than the ALTI's because
instead of a needle, it shows a pie!
It's very high contrast.

But never ever use this thing for a night jump!!!!!
you will be screwed!!!

OK to turn on/off hold top button.

It will self calibrate to zero.

to adjust warning alititude, hold top and bottom buttons at the same time until it flashes, then use top and bottom buttons to adjust warning altitude. I have mine set to 3K.

If you are landing at a different altitude than where
you are taking off then you need to hold both the top and bottom bottons again....as if you were adjusting your warning altitude....but this time hold the bottons LONGER and it will skip past the warning altitude setting. the needle will be flashing 0....
use the top and bottom bottons to enter
your LANDING ALTITUDE.

when your jump is finished, you can check your
jump alitude and your deployement altitude by holding the bottom button. Hold it, and it will show your jump altitude, hit the bottom button a second time and it will show the deployment altitude.

scott