padraigbrowne

ACTIONPRO X7

Agreed... But this one seems to go a bit farther the the Go pro with the underwater color correction feature. I am a bit curious about it, I realize any camera will get a color distortion once pass 20 ft without the proper light but I think is something action cameras can improve upon
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Most of them are all using the same processing chip GoPro uses.

Do you think this one is? According anyway, to their website:

12 megapixels

A Sony Exmor® sensor with 12 true megapixels (no interpolation!) offers not only high image resolution, but also excellent colour rendering and extremely high light sensitivity. Especially for indoor and underwater shooting, this means significantly less noise and more detail.

High speed

With frame rates of up to 240 frames per second, the X7 permits unique slow-motion effects. Even at Full HD (1080p) resolution, 60 frames per second are still possible; as a result, even Full HD video now really flows without jerks, or can be used for slow-motion effects. At 720p, up to 120 frames per second are possible; in photo mode, up to 11 photos with a full 12-megapixel resolution can be made in one second!

Based upon this narrative description anyway (i.e. "marketing") - that sounds to me like it is outside the capabilities of the same processing chip, resident in its counterpart, GoPro.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

It's the left over Xmor (Sony has already moved on to a new series).
It's the "next thing" and an alternative to GoPro, but the image processing tools are identical.
Various bullet points can be keyed, however.

Wait til Jan 15...you're gonna see a FLOOD of POV.

DSE

It's the left over Xmor (Sony has already moved on to a new series).
It's the "next thing" and an alternative to GoPro, but the image processing tools are identical.
Various bullet points can be keyed, however.

Wait til Jan 15...you're gonna see a FLOOD of POV.

Hey DSE - why you say this? I'm just trying to decide on what to get but have no clear winner.
I will prob go with a gopro, but I am not a fan of the form factor. If there is something else coming down the pipe tho....
Never try to eat more than you can lift