stuartjl

Safire II or Sabre II

Can anyone tell me the main differences between a Safire II 149 and the Sabre II 150. I have jumped both and there seems to be little difference between the two based upon my experience level.
They are pitched directly at each other and there seems little to differentiate them. Any advice?

from what i've seen, they are very similar canopies. all around, good openings, great flare, and a shorter recovery arc. i haven't jumped either one, but i have seen quite a few around.

i will be jumping the safire 2 here in the next couple of days, my dads girlfriend just got hers in, so i'm going to try it out.

later

I own a Safire 2 and tried a Sabre (1). The Safire 2 is IMO a much nicer canopy then the Sabre 1. However the Sabre 2 is very different (totally new design). From all accounts the Safire 2 and Sabre 2 are now very similar (as you stated). So it really comes down to "taste", local price, local service etc. I would say you will be very happy with either of them.
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

Buy the one you are guaranteed to like or your money back. In case your not sure, thats the safire 2.
They are both great canopies. People who fly Icarus will say get the safire2 (like I just did!) People who fly pd will say get the sabre2. All things being equal, you can't argue with a money back satisfaction guarantee! I would bank on the safire2 149 (or whatever size you could possibly want, for that matter!)

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

how many times have you jumped both of those? maybe you need to do a couple more demo jumps on each one and that might help you out on deciding which is best for you. I heard both are great canopies and have read reviews on them, not many negative stuff being said too.
:)
PMS #113
PMTS #19

Don't forget about the Pilot. By all indications, all three conopies are very similar. I had a tough time chosing between them last year. I've yet to hear anything bad about any of them.

I ended buying the Safire II, and I love it.

However, be your own judge, try 'em out. Whatever choice you make, I guarantee you won't regret it.
Good luck!

Don't forget about the Pilot. By all indications, all three conopies are very similar. I had a tough time chosing between them last year. I've yet to hear anything bad about any of them.

I ended buying the Safire II, and I love it.

However, be your own judge, try 'em out. Whatever choice you make, I guarantee you won't regret it.
Good luck!

Hopefully, he's made up his mind by now (2 years...):P
Hell, in 2003, Piisfish was still a Lazyfrog!:SB|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."