SickMonkey

Matter....?

Thanks for responding. I was just curious about Matter suits because I haven't heard much about them much less seen one. How does the fabric compare to other suits as far as flight characteristics? I was also curious about the fit of their suits compared to other brands....any other information would be appreciated.

I was also curious about the fit of their suits compared to other brands

I don't have one but the ones I've seen have all been quite skinny rather than big and baggy. I believe their theory/philosophy is that you should fly your body, not the suit.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Anyone tried Matter jumpsuits? Good, bad, middle of the road or what?

I've bought 3 (!) pairs of freefly pants from them (one got nicked when I had 2, so I got another one). Love 'em. Lots of freeflyers here have matter 2-piece or 1-piece suits or pants.
They are cut skinny, I'm not a good enough freeflyer to really compare but at least they make me go faster then say my birdman pantz, which I need cause I don't fall all that hard.
I walk around in matter freefly pants all the time (even at work, heck what do they know), they feel kinda like jeans and are sturdy enough.
I wouldn't like a top of the same fabric I think because the fabric is just a little bit too stiff for my taste (I also don't wear jeans blouses etc).

You do have to be a bit careful washing them if they have the pin stripe, one came loose on me once (matter fixed it for free tho).

All in all, great pants.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

As they are made in Empuria-Brava in Spain (the pro shop is there too),
so it will come as no suprise that almost all of Babylon wear them.

http://www.performancedesigns.com/pdzone/photos.asp?team=babylon&category=ff

Although i opted for the Sonic suit made by a great guy called Vincent, much cheaper that Matter and good quality too (sadly no website yet).

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

I've had bomber pants, i have a space suit, and I'm saving up for the matter suit... I've seen people sporting the suits and I like both the cut, and the designs a lot. I bet that a ton of people out in spain/europe are jumping the suits, kind of like how people in brazil all jump the rawa helmets... I bet you'll be stoked...
another team jumping the suits is Aria, also accessible through the pd website
-drew

If have to agree, matter does make nice suits and pants. I do own a pair of freefly-pants and they are really nice to jump. There is only some detail work witch should be more done on it. For example, the bags and zippers on it, could be otherwise. But not to say that they are bad because of this.
I just learned to know last May also the guy called Vincent in Empuriabrava. Yes, he has his own production now called: Sonic Flywear. He has also a webaddress but it's still under construction. :$
http://www.sonicflywear.com/
This guy is really carrying about every detail. We (Freefly-Team from Switzerland: 5point7) just ordered our new team suits from him. And we just jumped them last weekend. And they are just awsome to fly and beautifull designed and manufactured. A pitty we don't have pictures yet.

I was jumping bevor with other suits and pants. And those from Sonic (also Matter) are done with a more thick textile then for example bombersuits or michigan suits. Therefore you can go by the measurements of suits more thight to your body. Because the material will have enoughe drag. You don't have to cut them as baggy as a lot of the other suits are. Thats why, if you look at the suits of babylon, you think they are to tight. But they cause more drag then other suits with the same measurements, and of course ...they are also just incredible good freeflyers! ;-)
And there is also a difference between Sonic and Matter. Matter is more producing standard Measurments and Sonic is only producing on your personal measurements. Sonic also doesn't want to get to big, they wanna stay small and spezialized. ;)

So, I just love my new suit now!!!!!

I have a pair of pantz from last year, they are cool, but as Dragonauti said, tehre is also Sonic from Empuriabrava, Vincent Alain and their girlfriends are doing a good job, and Matter have a disatrous communication now... Specially with their wingsuit project... Moreover, most people in EB now are being equipped with Sonic... But the quality is good (or used to be)
also have a look at Piis Pantz on www.piis.ch (in the STUFF area) they are great for FF and track
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579