dragon2

home made camera helmets...

well...at least he's not here on DZ.com pontificating on why it's not a big snag problem, opposite side of deployment, etc. :D

And you know what? He'll probably be just fine jumping it for a long while. It's not the ones you get away with that make it a bad day...

This one just showed up in my facebook feed B|

Ouch, surely that's just a spoof...?!?

if it is, it's a good one. If it's not, it's not terribly different than some of the stuff we see here on a semi-regular basis.

The other day, had a dude that had joined three of the GoPro arms together to create a looong arm. he also had it tethered. Plus a contour, also tethered. Plus metal screws holding on the GP, because of "the extra torque of the arm." There have been several of the "boom" arms that have shown up recently.
So this...is no surprise.:o:D

While I like the Go-Pro's as a product they now seem to be popping up everywhere. Saw a guy with 50 jumps with one mounted with sheet metal screws. He had no idea about the concept of break away systems. Also it had no cut away for the helmet. He did promise though that he wouldn't let the camera be a distraction. Noticed another where the Go-Pro was coming off the back of the helmet facing forward. Thought to myself "Way to move the snag hazard to the worst possible spot!

Saw a guy with 50 jumps with one mounted

A fellow jumper sent me a GoPro vid shot by a guy with 15 Jumps!! Thats right folks, 15 jumps and he's wearing a GoPro!!

I explained to the sender how dangerous that was and included a link to DSE's incident list here on DZ.com. He said he talked to the jumper and forwarded him the link.

Maybe I should follow-up and see if the guy is still jumping it...

Blue Skies,
Jason