Skydivesg

CX 150 in a FF2 helmet

I'm just looking at modifying my FF2 to hold my CX100. It looks to me like I'll be able to move the existing braket upward (just have to drill new slots in the helmet). And I'll have to add a new slot to the bracket to attach the camera, which may be the tricky part to keep the self-retaining thumbscrew feature. I think I have to do some cutting around the lens opening on the door to get it to move smoothly past the lens, and more cutting at the back end to get the door around the large battery. But it doesn't look too horrible... and I should be able to leave the strap on the camera.

Dave

I made a new aluminum 2mm metal plate for my CX-100 to solve the mounting hole/bracket problem . I reused the original 90 degree bracket. You will need to remove the strap for the camcorder to fit. It is a very solid mount with support on two sides of the camcorder which helps a lot to keep a consistent aiming point. I did not need to cut around the lens opening or the back side of the door with a stock battery. Try and get the camcorder mounted as close forward as possible. I use a Century .55 and a Opteka .3 lens. You can also cut out a small oval on the 90 bracket directly under where the battery release is so you can change batteries without removing the camcorder. (see pic #4)

David

I always find it a little sad that people can put a lot of time and effort into putting together a camera helmet, but still can't take a simple static shot on the ground and get it in focus. Not picking on you alone, but I think it is an indication that the proliferation of better and cheaper cameras doesn't necessarily equate to better videos and pictures.

Had nothing to do with the camera. It is a 5 year old Sony 5mp which was a fine camera for its day. The battery was dying and I took the picture while holding the camera helmet in the other hand. I fully realized that the picture was a bit out of focus and really could have cared less at 1am. It was the least important picture and good enough. (I had a feeling that someone would feel the need to nit pic that picture and of course I was right.)

David