Freeflaw

how to install opteka .3 onto cx150

well now that you all have had ur laugh ... please inform me as to the biggest danger in camera flying... logic suggests it would be having ur lines get snagged... but since thats apparently not it ... I am curious...

Not getting the shot :D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm not gonna sacrifice a potentially good shot for my safety, thats just plain stupid. Lets take it to the basement :)

Swing and a miss...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Don't know who you spoke with at Perris, but a good chunk of the READ ME was written by two of the *most* experienced camera flyers at Perris....

I'm not gonna sacrifice a potentially good shot for my safety, thats just plain stupid.

Then every camera flyer I know is "just plain stupid."
Cuz every one of us has done it.
The difference is that at 200 (or fewer) jumps, you don't have the skills to react to "just plain stupid" as someone who has spent most of their time getting the more basic "just plain stupid" experiences out of their way.

There is a huge difference between a person with 1000 jumps taking it to the basement and a person with 200 jumps taking it to the basement. Experience saves lives more often than luck.

10 bucks says when you have 1000 jumps you'll look back on this thread and realize how cavalier and misguided you are. If you're still jumping, that is...

I only ride asses... the animals that is.... I am not gonna sacrifice a good shot for safety ...thats just sarcasm... im sure it could happen (as one camera guy told me who snapped is best shot at 1500 feet) ... seriously though fuck the shot ... there is always another jump... I am still puzzled by this mysterious hidden danger... can someone please clarify ... I did not find it in the sticky... a copy and past would be apprciated

I only ride asses... the animals that is.... I am not gonna sacrifice a good shot for safety ...thats just sarcasm... im sure it could happen (as one camera guy told me who snapped is best shot at 1500 feet) ... seriously though fuck the shot ... there is always another jump... I am still puzzled by this mysterious hidden danger... can someone please clarify ... I did not find it in the sticky... a copy and past would be apprciated

Honest...it's just too easy to copy/paste. The answer is right there in front of you in three different parts of the sticky. One of them is lengthy.
If you're not seeing it, it's because you're choosing to not see it. It cannot be missed, no possible way.
Your assignment is to re-read the sticky.
Man....where is TunaSalad when you need him? You remind me of him in so many ways...Skittles too. And...well...I could go on all night.
Skittles was too easy. He tib/fibbed the day after I told him he was gonna get hurt. And he's a really smart and capable guy. His bucket of experience was filling more slowly than his bucket of luck was emptying. I truly, sincerely hope you don't learn the same way.

arghh.... ok Ill re-read it ... but if I dont find it would you please tell me so I don't kill myself tomorrow?

He has given you the answer, I dont see how its possible for you to miss it on the sticky.

Just dont jump the camera tomorrow, then you have plenty of time to read it without worrying about it.;)

Is it the demo helciopter tree story - i.e. adding (changing) one variable makes shit more complicated?

or about the belly cam and how that messed her up (i.e trying to the shot subconciously)

sooner or later Ill hurt myself.. ill be surprised if I wont (not that I dont take a lot of measures against that) ... if you play with fire ... well

Looking back I think I could have jumped with a camera at 150 jumps no problem. I dont think its such a risk people here tend to think it is.

It is often in our sport that those with more experience are trying to restrict those with less experience. I have a hard time believeing it is just the altruistic fellow jumper genuinely worried about others well being.

So if you think you can jump the camera, then do it. However I suggest you dont post it here on DZ.com, since you are just gonna get flamed.

This conversation tends to happen with a member of a certain age group and gender. I have no idea if you fit this group, but just play along for a second.

Male, under 25 y/o, on the smarter side, decent athlete, used to picking things up quickly, but has way too much testosterone. That's why auto insurance rates are so high for that age group. They are a bit more aggressive at pushing their under developed skills. At 150 jumps, that is equivalent to 2.5 hours driving. That same group is often way too confident about their mad driving skills as well.

Lots of people have gotten away with doing things early, but that doesn't mean it is smart. At low jump numbers, there is still so much you don't know you don't know. If you have read the FAQ sticky and can't see it, all while sitting in front of your computer, what are you missing in the air where a mistake can kill someone. These early jumps give you the experience to be able to anticipate what is about to go wrong, before you become part of it/cause it. Strapping that camera on shifts the focus of learning away from building jumping skills and moves it to flying the camera.

Want to be a good camera flyer. Become a badass jumper first. The camera skills will follow much faster.

And I have been in the sport for only 5 + years, but I include myself in the stodgy old fart group. We aren't here to piss in your Wheaties. We want you to stick around long enough to be able to say "stupid kids".;)

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

It's ok, he's done 50 jumps in the last few days and has 200. ;)

Hes also got 170 freefly jumps now.

hmm ... no i just havent updated my profile in a while . when i started this thread I had 190.. I dont do belly and have been freeflying and tracking since jump number 15 or so (you cant do that its impossible)...nobody has yet answered my question. Hints are not answers..at least not for someone that is as slow as me