Idgy

Mounting a small point and shoot

Hey guys. Wanted to throw this out to the pro's ... Is there any reason why I couldnt/shouldnt try mounting a small point and shoot camera on the top of my helmet. I have a 2KC with a top camera mount and my small Canon SD75 (see pic on link below) screws right onto the mount, securely.

http://www.interweb.in/attachments/digital-cameras/4998d1203592393-canon-ixus-75-digital-camera-4564.jpg

The camera shoots video pretty well, and is low profile on the helmet, so I think it should be fine, but would appreciate the thoughts of the pro's.

cheers

285 jumps. Have read through the sticky (although I hadnt posted my details - now done thanks) and have followed this forum for some time. Looking for a little guidance on this question though, thanks.

I should add - the camera shoots video, that is what I am looking at. Would need to click to start in the plane and then let it run.

You could mount it like some people mount their SLRs on the forehead. This thing is probably much lighter than a SLR with lens so it should be OK for your neck. Also less snag hazard this way, it you put this on top it will stick out.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

I would be guessing as to give any advice on the performance of this camera. As for mounting, all I can say is yes it can be done and should not be a big deal. The best thing you can do now is sit down with video flyer and get some first hand help. In my opinion, although we can tweak and advise each other on techniques that we are already familiar with, it is extremely difficult to get first time mounting advice over the internet.