Weightless

Post Your CX100 Fitted Helmet

Yes it could, or the ringsight may rip out of the helmet and release the main, but maybe not if the Hypeye was attached solidly the ringsight, but then the wire tie probably wouldn't hold that kind of force anyway, or the Hypeye itself might rip off the helmet. It's hard to say since there's a whole lot of stuff that can help or hurt the situation.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Then there's a chance that you may end up still trailing your main after you attempt to break away during an entanglement.

Wouldn't the whole helmet just be jettisoned in case of entanglement?

With the metal post you'd have to jettison the helmet, but he mentioned that the ringsight post was plastic so he could break it away. I was trying to point out that that won't necessarily get rid of the main if it's still attached to the hypeye.

With the metal post you'd have to jettison the helmet, but he mentioned that the ringsight post was plastic so he could break it away. I was trying to point out that that won't necessarily get rid of the main if it's still attached to the hypeye.

Good point, maybe I'll switch them to tape or rubber band.

- Petri

I used 1" wide sticky back Velcro strips on mine. I sandwiched the ringsight in between the sticky sides, then just wrap it around the Hypeye indicator and the bite switch when I'm shooting stills also. Rubberbands work too as long as you don't take it on and off the helmet a lot. Tape may actually be stronger than a wire tie.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.