Weightless

Post Your CX100 Fitted Helmet

This is my new CX-100 Camera Case. I use the Century Optics .3 so I needed a hood that would protect the Lens. You can see a groove around the hood, this fits inside the Face Hole in the camera case. This hood also fits the Cookie Box as well.
The case is small, you can leave the strap in tact but it is in the way so I cut it off. There is no bolting of the camera, just slip it in, close the cover and go skydive. Fits the Large Sony and Grey Market battery and I alsh make one just for the stock small Sony Battery. Made from ABS Plastic and comes with a 30mm to 35mm step ring

I have seen the cx100 side mounted at my dz using the cookie MVX and black box and it just looks strange. The camera is so small and the enclosure is so.... shoe box like

To date the best mounting example of this camera in my opinion is
http://e-claire246.livejournal.com/65613.html

whatabout this? camera without handstrap is 54mm, box is 63mm at camera body section (9mm = side walls + screw heads + small space for fine yaw adjustment).
my pictures

not all lense's surface is used just that 16:9 frame plus i added a bit becouse of stabilizer's movement.
it works like shade mask supplied with new raynox-3035 which replaces 3032.
+ avoids fingerprints on lens
+ prevent humid and cold air to penetrate into box
+ reduces airflow on lens (causing temperature changes and fogging - which is actually not noticed until falling thru wet cloud)
my pictures

i hope the footage will be the same as before,
i am concerned if magnet lock will hold strong enough
and if it will interfere with stabilizer...

I noticed the magnets, but figured you'd be using a strap as well. I like the idea of magnets but would not trust them to hold the camera in, all you need is one bozo to fall into your burble and hit your camera case then poof, it's open and the camera's gone :|. If it were me, I'd use a strap as well, just for security.

camera's position is secured by bottom screw, magnets are there just to keep the lid closed. pull-force of these strong magnets should be about 1,2 kg (2,6 lb) and i don't think airflow in freefall can produce stronger suction, but we will see...
my pictures

... pull-force of these strong magnets should be about 1,2 kg (2,6 lb) and i don't think airflow in freefall can produce stronger suction, but we will see...

I had a hard opening that probably would have exceeded those limits. Got banged pretty good by a container while doing an uncomfortable rear-rear floating exit on a king air with no step. I also got caught in the burble of a four way on exit. I pushed off successfully but I almost got kicked in the head. Things happen. Altimeter straps are cheap. Just a thought from a newbie.

edited to add: Maybe I should have read a bit closer. Did you say that the camera is locked in the box so it won't fall out if the side is open? I may have misread it to mean otherwise. Regardless, I also forgot to mention that it looks great.

Thread bump to give Blink the proper recognition he deserves. This was the setup I had in mind when I bought the "Blink Box", the most underrated, undermarketed, yet highly complimented CX cage on the market. I get lots of kudos for your work Blink and it makes a great platform for the flash.
Thanks again. Sorry for the delay in posting.

Bonehead Flattop Narrow, CX105, Hypeye, L&B Newton sight.
- Hypeye control unit fitted neatly inside the left front corner of the camera platform.
- By blind luck the Hypeye indicator led reflects a tiny blue/red spot just in the middle of the Newton sight aim point (does not show in the picture)
- I haven't yet figured out a good way to secure the Hypeye cable to camera so I put a some tape on the camera platform and glued 2 very small clothespins to the tape. Idea is that when (some day) I'll be jumping with still-only I can hide the Hypeye cable
- The black rod for Newton is plastic thus providing a breaking point in case of entaglement

Still camera plan:
I have an extra Cookie flatlock that I could install into the front plate of the helmet for easy mount/unmount.

- Petri

Bonehead Flattop Narrow, CX105, Hypeye, L&B Newton sight.
- Hypeye control unit fitted neatly inside the left front corner of the camera platform.
- By blind luck the Hypeye indicator led reflects a tiny blue/red spot just in the middle of the Newton sight aim point (does not show in the picture)
- I haven't yet figured out a good way to secure the Hypeye cable to camera so I put a some tape on the camera platform and glued 2 very small clothespins to the tape. Idea is that when (some day) I'll be jumping with still-only I can hide the Hypeye cable
- The black rod for Newton is plastic thus providing a breaking point in case of entaglement

Still camera plan:
I have an extra Cookie flatlock that I could install into the front plate of the helmet for easy mount/unmount.

- Petri

could you squeeze two cx100's side by side and a dslr on the front of a flat top narrow? just curious

could you squeeze two cx100's side by side and a dslr on the front of a flat top narrow? just curious

Not with the flatlock, it is too wide for dual mount. The width of CX105 itself is just tad more than half of the top plate width (camera ~55 mm, plate ~108 mm) so in theory it is possible.

- Petri