tsalnukt

cx100 for tandem videos

Is anypne using the cx100 for doing tandem videos??? If so,.....
Are you using a seperate still camera or is the quality good enough to take frame grabs from the video after???
What software are you using for editing?

Thanks for any and all your help.

Um, have you tries reading the other CX100-105 threads?

You still want a stills camera, photos taken with this camera let alone captured stills from the video are nowhere near as good as a seperate camera, from no video camera thus far.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

>Are you using a seperate still camera or is the quality good enough to
>take frame grabs from the video after?

You can get acceptable frame grabs if you're printing 3x5's or something. They're not very high quality; the lens is the primary issue. Some of the pictures taken from my CX100 are shown below. Note the chromatic distortion around the edges.

If you want reasonable quality pictures you're much better off with a cheap used digital Rebel and the stock 18-55mm lens.

CX100 is great for Tandem Video; all I use now. You COULD get away with the stills using the hype eye and bitwswitch but they are not great. Depends on your DZ and how they operate. I still fly my DSLR w. an 8mm lens :ph34r:.

A few tandem freefall grabs below. Forget grabbing the footage from the frames - just shot the 2mp shots while video is recording.

YISkyDive what brand of wide angle lense are you using??

i use a 0.3 royal lense...

I think tue quality is acceptable. Are you using the bite sitch with the hypeye??

And the last question... how many pics can you take per second?? is faster on internal memory or on memory stick??

Its a .42 Bower Titanium Digital Super Wide - a cheap SD lens I had on my PC 101 but im more than happy with it and am not upgrading. If I used this as a stills only camera I would upgrade the lens.

The pictures were taken on the "Auto" mode - but if you look into the hype eye you can sort out the bite switch.

I can take a photo I every 2.5 seconds or so it seems. The same speed as one of the little D elphs.

I only record to internal right now I have not tried using the mem stick you though I know I should. Let me know if you need anything else.

Just so I understand......You can press record just before climbout and it will take video and a still photo every "x" amount of seconds. Can you save them seperately? Like vid to internal memory and maybe the stills to a mem stick? The picture quality doesn't seem too awful. it's def not DSLR quality but I think it would be acceptable if that's what you had.

I would d.load the user manual from sony's website and read up on it... I dont know the answer to be honest.

those pictures were taken with the auto smile picture taking feature: you can read about it on Best Buys website.

I just quickly went through some downloaded footage and found those pics for the thread. I normally delete the DCIM folder without looking at it.

Hope that helps

Dave