jf951

using a canon 30d

hey so i have 2 cameras a canon 30d and a canon rebel XT.
id love to use the 30d because of its speed but is it too much weight to mount on a helmet...will it get uncomfortable...will it be too big of a camera all around?
so can i use it or should i stick to the XT?

joey
Jump more, Bitch less.

When you get enough jumps to put a still on your head , you'll realize the xt is what you want on your head. The other camera is a great camera but to heavy. Take your time and learn from the local photographers 1st.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I jump a 20d with a sigma fixed 20mm on the front. The lens far outweighs the camera; I have jumped an XTI and it is definitly lighter but I have gotton used to the weight of my 20D so I still think it is a personal choice.
.......I hereby reject your reality and instead choose to insert my own!

I have a nikon D80 and a nikon D200, ie a heavy and a less-heavy camera. I prefer the D200 for those days I do up to 4 or 5 jumps, when it gets up to 8 or 10 jumps I'll put my d80 back on my helmet. The difference is weight, built quality (weather proof-ness) and the D200 is simply a better camera, as is the D30, however my neck tells me to be careful [:/] And at first the D80 was quite heavy enough thank you, I worked up to the D200 ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

sweet thanx u guys! yeah im very new to the skydiving scene but ive been into photography for a few years now. im dieing to get out there and take some wicked pics of my own...btw how do u use a flash when ur skydiving...do u go remote and just hold it in ur hand? :o that would be sweet!
or do u just mount it to the hot shoe ontop?

lol with all that im gonna need a frickin HANS device for opening!

Joey

Jump more, Bitch less.

Man up and mount both of them side by side. You can probably fit a video camera in between too while your at it.

Good luck!

Why not go for 2x still 2x video + flash while your at it. :D

Holy shit...
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.