markovwgti

Well...how much is this problem going to cost me?

My girlfriend was out taking some pictures of me getting a plane set up to fly and she didn't click the lens in completely...waving the camera around my brand new canon 15mm lens flew off the camera...landed on the hood...and bounced :(

So now the hood is bent in and it will not focus.... or should i say it wont turn to focus manually or automatically....I want to ship it back to canon but i dont wanna ship it there to find out it costs 500$ to fix.

Anyone have any ideas on what else i might be able to do with this thing....

Talk to their repair center for more info. I've seen them refuse to repair certain lenses if the damage was too much, there is a 100-400L that keeps going around POTN and FM that someone dropped into the ocean for a few minutes and ruined - buyers keep trying to buy it for $50 and send it to Canon for repairs and think they are getting a bargain. Canon keeps refusing to service the lens, I suspect they have some sort of pool going to see how many times the thing will be sent in and denied.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

it's all relative...

in 2006 I had a Sigma 15mm 2.8 EX that spent a few weeks in the field after the helmet had to be cutaway due to line/ringsite entanglement.

naturally it looked like shit, but took ok pictures in manual focus.

someone offered me $255 for it knowing exactly what happened.

I suppose you may find someone who can use the 15mm you got and loose less than $250 in the process.. or not :)

Im keeping the girlfriend haha...i talked to them and they wont give me any info about the repair costs or anything...they keep saying that they need to see it!

Didn't you get that like two weeks ago? WTF
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

Im keeping the girlfriend haha...i talked to them and they wont give me any info about the repair costs or anything...they keep saying that they need to see it!

Didn't you get that like two weeks ago? WTF

Yeah jerry i got it a month ago...she didnt lock the lens in the body the right way and in the air the fucken lens went :(

I screwed up a landing and broke my 15mm lens in half a year ago.

The metal mount stayed on the camera (20D), the circuit board inside tore in two and the lense from the plastic that the Auto switch is fitted to flew across the landing area.

$189 - good as new.