DSE

Always buy the ESP...

:D LOL

I think that through the last couple of messages peggs82 was trying to ask how come you recieved the XSi allthough you lost a 40D ?

I must admit Im confused too.. :S , Since to me it seems like you recieved both XSi and the 40D ?

Anyways. Seems quite unusual malfunction from the way I read it.. Glad you are allright..

DSE...

Thumbs up on getting the replacements. Good post.

New question ... how in the world did you find the camera/lens after ..."my 40D, 15mm EF lens took a 3000' tumble..."...??? Man, is that ever some world class spotting/searching...!!!...

Quincy...

DSE...

New question ... how in the world did you find the camera/lens after ..."my 40D, 15mm EF lens took a 3000' tumble..."...??? Man, is that ever some world class spotting/searching...!!!...

Quincy...

Well....first thing after I got my brain about me, was looking for where I was. I had a really good idea of the sightline, and knew it was in a relatively small area.
We got into that area, and then ended up climbing the airport fence, and walked a grid. Then Chris W at our DZ climbed the fence and started the other side of the same grid area. he took a dozen steps and (I'm on the phone with Scotty Burns at the moment), says ..."What's that?" And points at the camera, less than 20' away from where I was standing. Was an awesome find and I owe Chris a little more than beer, because without the parts, I couldn't prove damage, and would have struggled getting replacements.

DSE...

Quincy...

We had a team of about 10 people searching the area as the sun was setting. I happened upon the camera... luckily it was in one of the few areas that didn't have dense weeds... it was just sitting on top of hard dry dirt. DSE found the lens 12 ft or so away... it must've bounced pretty good =]