ReyNier

Brackets, Plates, Upsidedown

As enthusiastic camera flyer I thought you might like to check out following web page. Base plates also for heavier stills cameras, brackets for vertical photography, brackets for upside down filming, splitable camera switches and other new and different freefall camera equipment.
Check it out www.RCB-Lab.com

See if you can order them from www.skyrats.com. They are in europe but if you choose shipping by postal service it can't be expensive. Little weight and small.

It wouldn't let me ship to the US... :(
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I'm not sure I understand what connectors are on each end of the "DV extension cable"... how hard would it be to make one yourself? The photo looks like a stereo plug on one end and a coax connector on the other... but that would make no sense to me, so I'm confused. What do you use a DV extension cable for?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

PC style cam is usually mounted on left side of helmet with plug socket facing towards helmet (or bracket). To download images or to put them on a screen you need access to the socket. With extension lead leave the camera mounted on the helmet and plug into the extension lead.
... and yes, you could make it yourself ... a hamburger also but I will still get it from McD ;-)

I'm not sure I understand what connectors are on each end of the "DV extension cable"... how hard would it be to make one yourself? The photo looks like a stereo plug on one end and a coax connector on the other... but that would make no sense to me, so I'm confused. What do you use a DV extension cable for?

It's basically a 4 poll (three ring) 3.5mm plug/insert like is found on older PC style Sony cameras.

as I understand it one of the polls is ground then the other three are broken down into Video, left and right audio.

I would like to use an extension cable to attach to my Hypeye Pro D connector (which is inside my helmet) and make an external plug... from what I can see on the page it appears to be a design that would allow the plug to be mounted in a hole passing through the top plate of my FTP.

FWIW: I could probably make one... but I haven't found supplies that I like... and although I've looked online for some kind of extension cable for the "DV out"... I haven't been sucessful in the US at typical places... (which is generally via google and Amazon searches... so when I saw theirs I thought... I'd ask... :P)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Oh, I was confused since in the product description it said for PC and HC cameras and I've never seen a connector like that on HC (and I've never used a PC). You could probably find a pre-made cable in an electronics store, but maybe not with the 90-deg connector on one end. Maybe you could get a DZ.commer overseas to order one for you and then sell it to you privately.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

There was a slight problem with some units of the first batches. Since then the system has changed a lot in details and there is 0 play in them now. Babylon Freefly team has helped a lot with getting them perfectly right, flying at high speed in all kinds of angles.
The manufacturing company replaces systems that have a silver pin for new ones (golden pin). Best contact [email protected] about this.